Roasted Lemon Feta Fingerling Potatoes perfectly oven- roasted in olive oil with carrots, herb feta cheese, lemon slices, and perfectly seasoned with fresh dill, kosher salt and freshly ground pepper for a simple yet delicious side dish to your meal.
Roasted Lemon Feta Fingerling Potatoes are a perfect compliment to chicken, fish, seafood, and even pork recipes. You will also find Roasted Lemon Feta Fingerling Potatoes are a wonderful side dish for your casual sit down dinner with friends or you upcoming Easter Holiday meal.
What are fingerling Potatoes?
A fingerlings potato is a small, stubby, finger-shaped type of potato. Fingerlings are varieties that naturally grow small and narrow.A few of the more popular fingerlings potatoes are the yellow-skinned Russian Banana, the orange-skinned French, and the Purple Peruvian. Because of their small and cost compared to other potatoes, fingerlings are commonly halved and roasted as a side dish or used in salads.
Fingerling potatoes are so fantastic, one of my favorite ways to cook them is to roast them in olive oil with carrots, feta cheese, lemon slices, fresh dill and seasoned with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper- Man they are simple yet soo good!
Roasted Lemon Feta Fingerling Potatoes
- 2 pounds of fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 of a pound of baby carrots
- 4 whole cloves of garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of chopped dill weed + extra for garnish
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus for sheet pan
- 1 sliced lemon
- 2-4 ounces of feta depending on your personal taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place a metal baking sheet inside to heat in 450 oven
- Meanwhile, slice 2 pounds of fingerling potatoes into a half.
- In a large container place fingerling potatoes, baby carrots, whole cloves of garlic, juice of 1 lemon, lemon zest, chopped dill weed, kosher salt, and freshly ground pepper- drizzle with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss till ingredients are evenly coated.
- Remove sheet pan from oven, lightly coat with olive oil, and pour potatoes on the pan. Place potatoes in the oven and reduce heat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roast for 18 minutes then add lemon slices and 2-4 ounces feta cheese to the fingerling potatoes.
- Continue to roast for another 10 minutes or till crispy on outside and tender on the inside.
- Garnish with chopped dill before serving if desired.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2015 unauthorized use and/or duplication of content/ material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.