My Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing – DIY is one of the best Ranch Dressing recipes you’ll ever get your hands on to date; combining buttermilk, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, fresh herbs such as chives, parsley, dill weed, tarragon, and basil. It’s so good your going to be giving away the store brand you’ve been using.
I’m a firm believer in making Homemade Ranch Dressing; you can’t go wrong eliminating all those chemicals and preservatives the store brands contain…Can you? Absolutely not friends and loving readers.
I love Ranch Dressing and have been known to privately dump it on almost anything if you don’t watch me, vegetables, meats, chips, pretzels and a few times a slice of pizza…Yes, I know that’s just plain crazy, isn’t it? I can’t help myself, I told you I love Ranch Dressing
A little fact on Ranch Dressing: Ranch dressing has been the nation’s best-selling salad topper since 1992 when it overtook Italian Salad Dressing in the United States. Can you believe that? I sure can because it’s my favorite go-to dressing for my vegetables and salads.
How in the heck did Ranch Dressing come to light?
Steve and Gayle Henson, a couple who have been said to own and operate a dude ranch near Santa Barbara, California, in 1954. Friends who visited the Henson home, known as Hidden Valley Ranch, frequently left with Steve’s special dressing. The Henson couple began to give their friends and guests to-go bottles. Eventually, the couple started a small plant where they manufactured packets of ranch seasoning to sell.
That was the beginning of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing …
Below you will find my amazing Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing – DIY that’s simply so delicious, you’ll never buy another bottle of store brand Ranch Dressing again!
Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing – DIY
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of fresh dill weed
- 1 tablespoon of fresh tarragon
- 4-5 basil leaves
- 1/3 of a cup of chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2/3 of a cup of quality sour cream
- 1/3 of a cup of Dukes mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 of a teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
- A pinch of sugar, optional
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 of a teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- If you are unable to utilize fresh herbs when making your Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing feel free to use dried herbs- cut back amounts to 1/2 of required herb.
- Plain Greek yogurt may be substituted for the sour cream if desired- this will change the flavor slightly.
- I do not recommend using Miracle Whip as a substitute.
- 4 Garlic cloves pressed
- 2 tablespoons Fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Fresh dill weed
- 1 tablespoon Fresh tarragon
- 4-5 whole Basil leaves
- 1/3 cup Chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2/3 cup Sour cream
- 1/3 cup Dukes mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Hot sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- pinch Sugar optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh ground pepper
Place 4 pressed (minced) garlic cloves, fresh parsley, dill weed, tarragon, basil leaves, and chopped chives in a large food processor- pulse 20 seconds or till all herbs are finely chopped.
Add buttermilk, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, a pinch of sugar, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.- process on low 45 seconds
Place in an airtight container and refrigerate at least a few hours before serving. I prefer to wait overnight before serving.