BLT Pasta Salad is a flavorful Salad consisting of peppery arugula, corkscrew pasta, thick, crisp bacon, sweet, delicious organic yellow cocktail tomatoes, and tiny grape tomatoes, with red onion and an excellent ranch dressing that will amaze your taste buds.
Springtime is a beautiful time to start digging into our salad greens and showing off our salad creativity. I happened to be in Wholefoods Market a few years back and bought their version of BLT Pasta Salad. I have to tell you I was hooked line and sinker. I decided I was making this salad–even better.
We all know I love Ranch Dressing, and of course. I adore BLT Sandwiches, so this salad would be perfect for my family picnics, work pot-luck, you name it. I was owning this salad and making it mine ASAP.
When I got home that day, I decided I would like the BLT Pasta Salad so much better if I cut out the Romaine lettuce, switched out the heirloom red tomatoes for tiny grape tomatoes and sweet yellow cocktail tomatoes to start… I wasn’t sure I wanted to delve into recreating the dressing. After all, I make one mean Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing. Why not put it to good use?
What you will need to make the BLT Pasta Salad
Eight ounces of corkscrew pasta, al dente
6-8 slices of thick-sliced deli-style bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
Four lightly packed cups of organic arugula
Eight yellow organic cocktail tomatoes halved
One cup of organic grape tomatoes
1/2 red salad onion diced
A pinch of kosher salt
freshly ground pepper
Tips for the BLT Pasta Salad
Be sure to salt the pasta water- about one tablespoon is sufficient.
Ensure the salted pot of water is at a full boil before adding the pasta.
Be sure not to overcook the pasta. Follow the package directions for al dente pasta.
If you have an air fryer use it for cooking the bacon- it turns out perfect.
If you can’t find yellow cocktail tomatoes sub with red cherry tomatoes.
Be sure to use a red onion versus other onions for the best flavor.
BLT PASTA SALAD
- 8 ounces corkscrew pasta al dente
- 6-8 slices deli-style bacon thick sliced -cooked until crisp and chopped
- 1 Buttermilk Ranch Recipe see link on blog
- 4 cups organic arugula
- 8 yellow cocktail tomatoes halved
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- ½ red salad onion diced
- A pinch of kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Follow the directions on the back of pasta package, using the al dente method. Once the pasta is done the cooking, drain and rinse the pasta in cold water.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until crisp, one cool to the touch chop bacon and reserve.
- Be sure all produce has been properly cleaned.
- Slice yellow cocktail tomatoes in halves, dice the red salad onion.
- Place drained pasta in a large bowl, add (see blog for recipe link) Buttermilk Ranch Dressing a little at a time- about ⅔ of a cup or to your taste. Toss the pasta to coat evenly. Add arugula, tomatoes, the diced red onion, a pinch of salt, and freshly ground pepper. Toss salad thoroughly to combine.
- Serve immediately with extra dressing on the side.