BLT Pasta Salad is a wonderful Salad consisting of peppery arugula, corkscrew pasta, thick crisp bacon, sweet, delicious organic yellow cocktail tomatoes, and tiny grape tomatoes, with red onion and a cool ranch dressing that will absolutely knock your socks off.
Springtime is a wonderful time to start digging into our salad greens and showing off our salad creativity. I happened to be in Wholefoods Market a few years back and bought their version of BLT Pasta Salad, I have to tell you I was hooked line and sinker. I decided I was making this salad–even better.
We all know I love Ranch Dressing and of course I adore BLT Sandwiches, so this salad would be perfect for my family picnics, work pot-luck, you name it I was owning this salad and making it mine ASAP
When I got home that day I decided I would really like the BLT Pasta Salad so much better if I cut out the Romaine lettuce out, switched out the heirloom red tomatoes for tiny grape tomatoes and sweet yellow cocktail tomatoes to start… I wasn’t sure I wanted to delve into recreating the dressing, after all, I make one mean Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing why not put it to good use?
BLT PASTA SALAD
- 8 ounces of pound of corkscrew pasta, al dente
- 8 ounces of thick sliced deli style bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- 1 Buttermilk Ranch Recipe
- 4 lightly packed cups of organic arugula
- 8 yellow organic cocktail tomatoes halved
- 1 cup of organic grape tomatoes
- 1/2 red salad onion diced
- A pinch of kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Follow the directions on the back of pasta package, using the al dente method. Once the pasta is done the cooking, drain and rinse the pasta in cold water.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until crisp, one cool to the touch chop bacon and reserve.
- Be sure all produce has been properly cleaned.
- Slice yellow cocktail tomatoes in halves, dice the red salad onion.
- Place drained pasta in a large bowl, add Buttermilk Ranch Dressing a little at a time- about 2/3 of a cup or to your taste. Toss the pasta to coat evenly. Add arugula, tomatoes, the diced red onion, a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss salad thoroughly to combine.
- Serve immediately with extra dressing on the side.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2015 unauthorized use and/or duplication of content/ material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.