Cajun Style Andouille and Shrimp Pizza is one fantastic lunch or dinner menu item with spicy andouille sausage, delicious shrimp seasoned with Cajun Spices, then topped with spicy tomatoes, onions, red and yellow bell peppers and warm gooey cheese.
In the midst of our St. Patrick’s Day countdown for Mr. McCallum and you my lovely fans, I decided I wanted something a little different for lunch today … of course, I decided to combine a few of my favorite ingredients and came up with my Cajun Style Andouille and Shrimp Pizza recipe. After all this girl can not solely live on Irish food alone, I must have a little diversity in my kitchen.
I love Cajun and Creole Cuisine and will find anyway possible to merge it into my recipes. With the Mr. hard at work and me at home alone… I decided I could go for Pizza and a beer today. After all, I have a few Yuengling Beer’s hanging out in our refrigerator…
Do you know that there are some superb pizza joints in the state of Louisiana? That’s right folks you can’t sleep in the state of Louisiana when it comes to pizza or any other food for that fact. Below I have listed 10 fantastic places to order some pizza deliciousness when you go to the state Louisiana.
- Pizza Delicious – 3334 N. Rampart Street, New Orleans LA 70117; 504-676-8482
- Domenica – 123 Baronne Street, New Orleans, LA 70112; 504-648-6020
- Mondo – 900 Harrison Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70124; 504-224-2633
- Slice – 1513 Saint Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130; 504-525-7437
- Pepper’s Pizzeria – 541 Corporate Drive, Houma, LA 70364.; 985-872-0006
- Pizza Man – 1248 North Collins Boulevard, Covington, LA 70433; 985-892-9874
- Johnny’s Pizza House – 210 E. Preston Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71105; 318-868-4471
- Pie Works Pizza by Design – 1023 Provenance Place Boulevard, Shreveport, LA
- Bella Pizzeria – 11826 Coursey Boulevard, Baton Rouge, LA 70816; 225-292-3552
- Fleur de Lis Restaurant – 5655 Government Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70806; 225-924-2904
Below you will find my Cajun Inspired recipe for Cajun Style Andouille and Shrimp Pizza with simple to follow instructions to make your own Pizza deliciousness in your kitchen…
Cajun Style Andouille and Shrimp Pizza
- 1/2 of a pound medium raw shrimp, shell removed & cleaned
- 1/8 teaspoon of Slap Ya Mama’ Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, for shrimp
- 1/2 pound of andouille sausage, cooked and sliced
- 1 large Pizza crust from bakery
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, for crust
- 1 can of 10 ounces of Rotel tomatoes with chilies, divided in 2
- 3 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red sweet bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of sweet yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 and 1/2 cups of white cheddar
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- “Slap Ya Mama’ Cajun seasoning
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Be sure to wash and remove shells from fresh shrimp before using. Once done place in a glass bowl large enough to hold all shrimp, add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and “Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning” with a rubber spatula turn shrimp till they are evenly coated with olive oil and seasoning.- Place in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Broil the Cajun Andouille Sausages by arranging them on a broiler pan that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the broiler and place the broiler pan so that the sausages are a few inches from the heating element. Allow the sausages to cook until they are browned, using tongs to turn them after several minutes
- Place high heat pizza stone in the oven, preheat your oven to 550 degrees- you heard me correctly, the hotter the better for pizza folks. Don’t forget to give the stone time to heat up as well as it will generally take a little time to come to the 500 mark as well…I normally wait about 30 minutes or so before placing my pizza on the stone. (Do not place cold pizza stone in a hot oven as it may result in cracking your stone)
- Next prepare pre-made you purchased from the bakery by brushing it with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- In a glass bowl combine 1/2 of a can of Rotel tomatoes with chiles and 3 tablespoons of tomato paste- be sure to include the juice from canned tomatoes- reserve another half for later.
- Spread the tomato mixture on pizza crust evenly, then top with 1/2 of a cup of white cheddar cheese, add thinly sliced onion, red and yellow sweet peppers, reserved half of Rotel tomatoes sprinkle with oregano, thyme, “Slap Ya Mama’ Cajun seasoning, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Next top the pizza with reserved 1 cup of white cheddar, evenly distribute the raw shrimp and cooked Cajun andouille sausage and carefully transfer to the 500 degrees preheated a pizza stone in the oven.
- Bake for 12 minutes on 500 degrees (keep an eye on pizza off and on) before removing from oven, place on cutting board for about 6 minutes or so before cutting the pizza to serve.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.