Marshmallow Caramel Brownies are thick, delicious, super-fudgy, decadent and perfectly homemade brownies adorned with fluffy marshmallows and rich caramel sauce is made completely from scratch. You can toss out all the box mixes in the cabinet you won’t be needing them ever again with this recipe for Marshmallow Caramel Brownies.
Since I rarely eat treats so decadent anymore when I do I do it right. Every blue moon I want something delicious and fudgy with rich caramel sauce and fluffy marshmallows my recipe for Marshmallow Caramel Brownies hands-down fits the bill when I want a decadent treat.
Below you will find one of my favorite recipes when I am craving all my favorites (marshmallows, caramel, and fudgy chocolate deliciousness) with easy to find ingredients that can be located at your local market and simple to follow instructions below.
Marshmallow Caramel Brownies
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, plus more for foil
- 16 ounces of semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 and 2/3 cups of sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour,leveled
- 1 bag of plain small marshmallows
- 1 and 1/2 cups of Mock Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line bottom and sides of a 9×11 square glass baking pan with parchment paper; butter the heavy-duty parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in a large 2-quart double boiler; stir frequently, until almost melted. Remove from heat; stir until completely melted.Whisk in sugar and salt until smooth; whisk in eggs. Gently whisk in flour just until you reach a smooth texture.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared 9 x 11 glass baking pan. Using a tablespoon, drizzle 1/4 of a cup of caramel sauce in 4 long vertical lines down the top of brownie batter. Using a butter knife make a slicing motion 5 times across the brownie mixture.
- Place in 325-degree oven – bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean about 50-55 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
- Use heavy-duty parchment paper to lift brownie cake from pan; peel off paper and discard. Cut into desired size squares.
- Place cut brownies on a metal baking sheet, top cooled brownies with several small marshmallows, place in refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove brownies and drizzle warm not hot Mock Caramel Sauce over brownies ( refrigerate brownies once done for about 20 minutes before serving.)
- Store uneaten brownies in refrigerator.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms, please use share buttons provided.