Easy Steamed Herb Potatoes & Vegetables are a delicious alternative that is far less time-consuming compared to oven-roasted potatoes in about 26 minutes from start to finish you can have this awesome colorful side dish consisting of red-skinned potatoes, carrots, celery, red onions, and the perfect herb butter on your family dinner table.
I love this side dish of Herb Potatoes & Vegetables for so many reasons; the fact this dish is so simple and easy is only one of the reasons. The flavor of the herb potatoes and vegetables is truly outstanding with the fresh herb and garlic mixture of parsley, rosemary, and thyme…Now add the gorgeous color combination of red potatoes, green celery, carrots, and red onions to make your dinner table pop.
Below you’ll find my families favorite delicious flavorful and super easy to make the recipe for Easy Steamed Herb Potatoes & Vegetables that will take you about 26 minutes flat to make and enjoy with your family at your next dinner. It pairs perfectly with chicken, fish, or even beef recipes that you and your family enjoy.
Easy Herb Potatoes
- unsalted butter softened
- finely chopped fresh parsley
- finely chopped fresh rosemary
- fresh thyme, removed from stems
- cloves of minced garlic
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- small red skin potatoes, unpeeled halved
- red onion, cut in 4
- fresh rosemary, garnish
Easy Steamed Herb Potatoes & Vegetables
- ½ stick unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1` tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, removed from stems
- 3 cloves kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 9 small red potatoes skins on
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 red onion
- 3 stalks celery in bite-sized pieces
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Stir together butter, parsley, rosemary, fresh thyme and minced garlic in a small bowl until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to your taste reserve till ready
- Prep all vegetables by scrubbing 8-9 small red skin potatoes and cutting small potatoes in half. Scrubbing and peeling 5 carrots, slice carrots in 1 and 1/2 inch long pieces. Peel 1 small red onion and cut into 4 pieces. Wash and cut celery stalks into 1 and 1/2 inch pieces – Reserve in a large bowl filled with cold water.
- Fill a medium pot fitted with a steamer insert with 3 inches water. Bring water to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add potatoes to steamer insert; sprinkle with kosher salt, and cover with tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to medium-low. Steam until potatoes for about 10 minutes. Add carrots, red onions and celery to the steamer, cover and steam for about 5- 6 minutes or until tender.
- In a small saucepan slowly melt herb butter mixture and minced garlic that you have reserved over low heat – then reserve.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Spoon about 2 or more tablespoons of herb butter over vegetables, garnish with a sprig of rosemary if desired.
- Serve immediately with remaining butter on the side.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2018-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.