Delicious Lemon & Pepper Wings with Rosemary are going to be a new favorite of yours combining a deliciously fresh homemade Lemon, Pepper and Rosemary seasoning with crispy wings to cut down on your fat intake what’s not to love?
Ever wondered how to make your own fresh zesty Lemon and Pepper seasoning for delicious crisp Lemon & Pepper Wings with Rosemary? I have a simple method for your own #Diy Lemon & Pepper seasoning today that you can use on your wings or anything else you desire such as roasted whole chicken, baked chicken breasts, or seafood of any sort.
I love fried chicken wings, however, I have to firmly tell you they do not love me in any manner whatsoever friends. It’s more of a love/hate relationship I have with fried foods– I just physically can not process fried foods without feeling slightly ill for about 12- 24 hours. I know I’m not the only one in this situation so I thought I would share how I can still enjoy my favorite recipes without all the drama of oils and fats.
I usually have made my Lemon and Pepper with Rosemary seasoning ahead of time considering it takes a short while to completely dry out in the oven- about 25 to 30 minutes. You can make it that day just plan on taking about 25-30 minutes to dry out and process time–about 3 minutes. Below you will find my #Diy for making your own storable homemade spice along with a fantastic recipe for Lemon & Pepper Wings with Rosemary
Lemon and Pepper with Rosemary #Diy
- 6 tablespoons of fresh lemon zest about 6-7 lemons
- 1 tablespoon fresh Rosemary
- 3 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoon of coarse Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar in the raw
Directions for Lemon and Pepper with Rosemary #Diy
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil if you do not have parchment paper.
- Evenly spread out 6 tablespoons of lemon zest, 3 tablespoons of peppercorns, and 1 tablespoon of fresh Rosemary on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake on 200 degrees Fahrenheit until the lemon zest and Rosemary have completely dried out- about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Once the lemon zest, black peppercorns, and fresh Rosemary have completely dried out combine with 2 tablespoons of coarse kosher salt, and 1/2 tablespoon of sugar in the raw in a large bowl.
- Using a spice grinder, crush mixture until desired texture is achieved–If you do not have a spice grinder I have used a food processor in the past on pulse to achieve almost the same texture.
- Store in an air-tight container for 30-60 days in a cool dry place.
Lemon & Pepper Wings with Rosemary
- 4-5 pounds of fresh chicken wings
- 1/3 of a cup of fresh lemon juice to coat wings
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 of the recipe for Lemon & Pepper with Rosemary seasoning above, or more to taste
- melted unsalted butter for brushing wings, if needed
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 2 lemons, halved and sliced
- chopped Rosemary, for garnish
Directions for the wing recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Be sure to wash and clean chicken wings, remove any stray feathers from wings. Cut wing tips off at joints – you may store and use for broth if desired for another recipe by tightly wrapping and placing in refrigerator or freezer.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the wings and the lemon juice and mix thoroughly to coat each wing.
- In another large container that has a tight-fitting lid or gallon sized Ziplock bag place all-purpose flour and a portion of the wings – that will safely fit. Place a tight-fitting lid on a container, or seal Ziplock bag back and shake till wings are coated one portion at a time till done.
- Evenly distribute wings on a baking sheet- you may also want to use a baker rack in baking sheet if you have one available.
- Bake wings on 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes or till completely done- If you notice wings are not properly or evenly browning just lightly brush them with unsalted melted butter and you will have deliciously lightly browned wings in no time flat.
- Place wings on a platter and garnish with fresh slices of lemon, additional kosher salt & pepper if desired — a touch of chopped Rosemary for color and flavor.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2018-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.