Honey and Orange Glazed Baby Carrots is the perfect choice for your Holiday Family Feast on Thanks Giving or Christmas. The warm Honey and Orange essence on delicious baby carrots is a delightful all around perfect flavor for this fantastic carrot based side dish that will go with your Holiday Meal with longtime friends and special relatives this Christmas Holiday Season.
One of the things I always look at during the Holidays are our the eating habits of my loved ones, it’s important to make easy side dishes that will complement our lovely dinners they will also be right for all our families eating styles. I try to make sides dishes that even my Vegetarian friends and family members will enjoy, hence why my Honey and Orange Glazed Baby Carrots do not contain butter and use Olive Oil instead.
Foods that do not contain excessive pesticides are also important to our family these days, I have taken the liberty here in Sunny Central Florida to use help from all my neighbors which are local farmers to find the best possible locations for Fresh Organic Produce here in Haines City.
Keep in mind I am aware of the high cost of these delicious Organic items such as Baby Carrots, Oranges, Juice, Honey etc…I am very lucky to have been surrounded by Local Farmers where I live. If you can not buy these items I completely understand, you may replace them with regular produce from your local Market that is more cost efficient.Below you will find my simple and easy to follow the recipe for a deliciously healthy side dish that your entire family can enjoy for Honey and Orange Glazed Baby Carrots that even vegetarian or health conscious family members and friends will enjoy.
Honey & Orange Glazed Baby Carrots
- 2 pounds organic baby carrots, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of zest from grated organic orange
- 1/2 cup fresh organic orange juice
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar in the raw
- Kosher salt
- black pepper
- dash of nutmeg
- fresh parsley for garnish
- organic Orange slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a small bowl whisk together 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of finely grated orange zest, 1/2 of a cup of organic orange juice, 2 tablespoons of organic honey, 1 teaspoon of brown sugar in the raw, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper to taste, and a dash of nutmeg spice.
- In a glass or nonreactive baking dish place 2 pounds of fresh organic baby carrots, pour over top of them the mixture you whisked together above and toss a few times to coat the carrots thoroughly.
- Place a tight-fitting lid on a baking dish or aluminum foil and bake about 12 minutes on 400 for a tender, still crisp vegetable. (Bake 3-5 minutes longer if you prefer softer carrots)
- Toss carrots a few more times and place in your favorite Holiday Serving dish.
- At this time Garnish with fresh organic orange slices and fresh parsley.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2017- 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with proper and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.