This delightfully Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wrap is one of my favorite quick meals with a winning combination of white Chicken Breasts, Hot Sauce, creamy Buttermilk Ranch Dressing, crisp Romaine Lettuce, Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, Ripe chopped Tomatoes, delicious Avocado slices, and a subtle squeeze of Lime to kick off the layer of awesome flavors!
There has been a cloudy overcast here in Central, Florida, for a few days Clouds galore and grey skies, which makes it pretty hard to photograph food items, especially since the number one rule is absolutely NO flash. So please forgive the photography on this one. Yes, I know everyone thinks we are Sunny Florida 360 days a year. The truth is that’s a MYTH, one BIG one.
I decided to make a quick, easy, and utterly delicious “Spicy Chicken Wrap” after having the nasty flu for several days. Odd, I know. I can’t get enough spice, I adore Hot Sauce as well as my beloved Jalapeno Peppers and tend to crave them.
After feeling somewhat better and ready to eat, I decided to pile the delicious spicy sauce coated chicken in a wrap with all my favorite ingredients and share my delicious recipe for “Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wraps,” as well as the super simple and easy to follow directions with you all today.
Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- Three boneless, 6-ounce pieces of skinless chicken breast, cut into 1×1 pcs
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 3/4 of a teaspoon Hungarian smoked paprika
- 1/4 of a teaspoon cayenne chili powder
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- One tablespoon of butter
Sauce for chicken:
- Two tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of hot sauce your brand
- One cup of Buttermilk Ranch dressing, your brand
- One tablespoon of white vinegar
- Four wraps
- 1 and 1/2 cups of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of white cheddar cheese
- sliced lime or lemon, optional
- sliced avocados, optional
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts that you have cut into 1×1 pcs with kosher salt, black pepper, cayenne chili powder, and Hungarian Smoked Paprika.
- Heat a large metal skillet on medium heat; once hot, add one tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of butter. Place seasoned chicken in metal skillet and cook 1×1 pieces about 6 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, add unsalted butter, hot sauce, and white vinegar. Cook over medium heat until lightly bubbling, then reduce the heat to low and add Ranch dressing to the pot. Pour half of the sauce over the hot 1×1 pieces of chicken, cover with a lid and cook over low to medium heat for 5-6 minutes longer (or till thoroughly cooked through). Turn off heat and prepare other ingredients.
- At this time, prepare four wraps, Romaine Lettuce, chopped tomatoes, white cheddar cheese, sliced lime, and avocado slices.
- Once the chicken has completed cooking, add 1/2 of sauce and toss to coat the chicken thoroughly.
- Place chicken on wraps along with Romaine Lettuce, white cheddar cheese, sliced lime, and avocado slices.
- Use large warm tortillas. If tortillas start to crack as you fold, briefly heat to soften the tortilla by placing in a warmer or place each one on a nonstick heated pan – keep flipping over to warm
- Don’t overfill the tortilla, as it will break and create a disaster.
- Spoon filling slightly above the center of the wrap; fold the bottom half to the centerfold over both sides, then place seam-side up on a plate.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2020- 2014. Unauthorized use and duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.