Cassaroles/ Dinner/ Fall Menu/ Foods of the World/ Italian/ Poultry/ Winter Menu

Rosemary & Lemon Chicken Skillet

Rosemary & Lemon Chicken SKillet fits the bill for those looking for a new Chicken recipe with a ton of flavor and less mess to clean. A perfect combination of Lemon and Rosemary chicken on a bed of delicious white rice cooked in chicken stock and white wine.

#Italian -Style #OneSkillet #Rosemary and #Lemon #Chicken

I’ve been at home all day suffering from the flu. However, the show must go on as they say… There are people to feed and recipes to blog… Today is not my best photography day that’s for sure it’s doom and gloom here in Central, Florida. The recipe is impeccable and delicious I am told by the family members eating it…That seems to be one thing I have going for me today.

As I am cooking this I realize… I am forever in debt to the masters of cooking from the past who have been smart enough to teach us future stars, not everything needs to be cooked in 5 pots or pans, we can safely let the world know we are human and hate cleaning up a mess as well.

I’m glad you now know I don’t contain any superhuman powers when it comes to cooking or cleaning, I have no maid and I’m the only chef around these corners at The Humble McCallum abode. What I do have is a super strain of the flu and a need to cook dinner tonight–so don’t mind me as I stiffly pat myself on the back for making an “E” for effort, that tastes delicious.

Below you will find my recipe and directions to make a fabulous, simple, One Skillet hit at your home when short of time or just feel like relaxing.

Italian Style – 1 Skillet Rosemary & Lemon Chicken
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 – (6 ounce) chicken breasts
  • garlic powder, to taste
  • Kosher salt, to taste
  • ground black pepper, to taste
Rice Ingredients
Other ingredients
  • 1 diced tomato
  • 1/3 cup of organic frozen peas
  • 3 long sprigs of fresh rosemary
  • 1-2 thinly sliced lemons
Directions

In a large cast iron skillet on medium heat add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to heat, season chicken breasts with garlic, kosher salt and ground black pepper. Place chicken breasts in heated cast iron skillet to cook for about 2-4 minutes on each side, just enough to sear and add a little color (they will continue to cook in the oven.) Once done place on a plate for later use.

Preheat oven to 376 degrees

In the same cast iron skillet that you removed the chicken from add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, chicken stock, white wine, water, finely chopped onion, minced garlic, juice of 1 lemon, kosher salt, and black pepper. Bring to a full boil on stove top, add rice cook 1-2 minutes, add diced tomatoes, frozen peas, stir to incorporate ingredients, then add chicken and sprigs of rosemary.

Tightly cover cast iron skillet with lid or aluminum foil, and place in a preheated oven 375 degrees for 18 minutes. Uncover add lemon slices, cover skillet again and place back in the oven for 8-10 minutes to finish cooking.

Joanne/WineladyCooks
    November 22, 2014 at 7:22 pm

I hope you are beginning to feel better. You are ‘woman hear me roar!’ cooking with the flu and feeding your family who depend on you. Your one skillet Italian style Rosemary Lemon Chicken sounds delicious and no doubt it was a dinner hit. Be well, and hope you have a day of rest from cooking this weekend.

November 24, 2014 at 11:01 pm

Thank you Joanne, this made me smile! I appreciate the kind words to me and about the recipe!

Culinary Flavors
    November 22, 2014 at 12:48 am

Rosemary gives such a beautiful aftertaste to anything you put it in! Delicious dish Heidy!

November 24, 2014 at 11:02 pm

I do love a good meal with Rosemary ! Thank you so much for the compliments !

KC Kahn the Kitchen Chopper
    November 21, 2014 at 10:46 am

Rosemary always reminds me of winter. Love this skillet wonder chicken dinner. SU’d and YUM’d

Sophia @ NY Foodgasm
    November 21, 2014 at 10:30 am

I LOOOOOVE a good one skillet meal! While I also love gourmet, my husband does not, for he usually does the dishes!

November 24, 2014 at 11:00 pm

Thank you Sophia ! Glad you dropped by and enjoyed the recipe 🙂

Hadia
    November 21, 2014 at 6:24 am

What an elegant dish, and love the idea that you used only one pot! Looks so good!

November 24, 2014 at 10:59 pm

Thank you Hadia, those one pot dishes sure do save time and always seem to be a tasty outcome. Thanks for dropping by!

The Foodie Affair
    November 21, 2014 at 12:06 am

You are a super-star! I can’t believe you whipped up this beautiful meal while under the weather. A little splash of white wine sounds like the perfect touch of flavor to the stock in this skillet meal!

November 21, 2014 at 12:09 am

Thanks ! Everyone seemed to enjoy it… I will tomorrow during lunch.

dishofdailylife
    November 21, 2014 at 12:03 am

Oh Heidy, I can’t believe you were cooking and photographing while you were so under the weather! But this looks like a really yummy recipe! I’m going to put it on our menu! Thanks so much for sharing it at Foodie Fridays…it’s always a genuine treat to see what you link up! Pinning and Yumming and I’ll be sharing on my Facebook page tomorrow too! Hope you are feeling better!

November 24, 2014 at 10:58 pm

Thank you Michelle! Yes that was a horrible day, I never got to try it till a day later and definitely liked it lol!

thehungrymum
    November 20, 2014 at 11:43 pm

love a one-pot meal – less washing up 🙂

November 20, 2014 at 11:55 pm

I really needed a serious break today. Live any recipe that gives me one 🙂