If you love Deviled Eggs and Spicy Cajun food you’re going to love my tempting twist on ordinary Deviled Eggs. Cajun Deviled Eggs are the perfect appetizer for your guests to nosh on before serving them one of your favorite Cajun Speciality meals. The Cajun Deviled Eggs have a fantastic color presentation when topped with shrimp, carrots, and okra to make them a vibrant showstopper – plus the flavor of cajun spice is simply brilliant and delicious tasting.
Deviled eggs are one of the secret obsessions, they are such easy and versatile appetizers simply add or change a few ingredients and you can come up with a brand new masterpiece every time. They Are easily decorated, so darn tasty and delicious, how can you go wrong? It’s a win – win situation if you ask me Cost efficient, easy to make, and delicious!
Below you will find my recipe for Cajun Deviled Eggs with simple to follow instructions to wow your dinner guests and family….
Cajun Deviled Eggs
- 12 large eggs
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and steamed
- 3-4 tablespoons of real mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of Louisiana hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of cajun seasoning
- carrot shreds
- lightly steamed okra (1 minute)
- smoked Hungarian paprika
- fresh ground pepper
- Put the eggs in a large saucepan and cover them with water. Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat, then cover the saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, turn off heat at this time. Let saucepan remain on the burner for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove eggs from pan and place in extremely cold water, which will quickly cool them down and make the eggs easier to peel.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half. Remove the yolks from whites and place in a bowl along with the mayonnaise, chopped parsley, Dijon mustard, Louisiana hot sauce, and cajun seasoning to egg yolks. Combine mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Place the egg mixture into a piping bag, (You may also spoon mixture into egg whites if desired). Arrange the egg whites on a serving platter. Utilizing a large Piping bag and large tip, place a decent amount of the egg yolk mixture into each of the egg whites centers till full.
- Garnish each with a sprinkle of paprika, fresh ground pepper, 1 shrimp, lightly steamed okra, and a few carrot shreds.
- Place in refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.