This delicious Creamed Sirloin Tips with Portobello Mushrooms recipe is one, my family, all-time favorite go-to Fall menu items, combining juicy and quality tender Sirloin Tips, Baby Portobello Mushrooms, and sweet Vidalia Onions with a thick, rich wine laden gravy over classic parsleyed wide egg noodles.
Over the years, there are so many family members that have inspired my cooking and surprising the second most inspiring person besides my Grandmother Josie, who is my father, William. My father’s background is of Bavarian descent (German), and this wonderful, inspiring man of almost 6’4 was such a fantastic cook. He loved cooking and showing off his cooking skills to anyone who would take the time to sit down and eat.
So many fond memories were spent with my father in the kitchen. If the truth is told, my Creamed Sirloin Tips with Portobello Mushrooms was very much so inspired by my father’s recipe for Classic Beef and noodles with Mushrooms. I have made some changes and adapted it to suit my own family’s tastes. However, his wonderful recipe memories are still fresh and mouthwatering when I think of the tasty dish he made about once a month.
Below you will find my delicious family-inspired Creamed Sirloin Tips with Portobello Mushrooms recipe with simple and easy-to-follow instructions to make your family memories with your children.
Creamed Sirloin Tips with Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds beef sirloin tips
- steak seasoning
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup beef stock
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup Merlot wine
- 48 grams beef gravy granules about 3 tablespoons
- 2 dashed Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 large Vidalia onion thinly sliced
- 2 pints baby portobello mushrooms sliced
- Kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- 16 ounces egg noodles cooked
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- In a deep large metal skillet heat olive oil over a medium heat, meanwhile season beef sirloin tips with steak seasoning, kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper. Add sirloin beef tips to the pan, let cook 5 minutes without disturbing and then turn and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of beef stock, ½ of a cup sour cream, and ¼ of a cup of Merlot wine to deep metal skillet, reduce heat to simmer, add 48 grams or 3 tablespoons of gravy granules to sauce stirring constantly to avoid any lumps and thicken the sauce
- Add 1 large Vidalia onion that has been sliced and 2 pints of sliced baby portobello mushrooms, kosher salt and pepper to your own taste and cook on very low for about 12-15 minutes stirring every so often.
- Once the sauce is done turn off the heat completely.
- Pour melted butter over 16 ounces of cooked wide egg noodles (Follow package instructions to cook) add ¼ of a cup fresh chopped parsley and thoroughly but gently mix together.
- Plate a serving of egg noodles and top with Creamed Sirloin Tips with Portobello Mushrooms.
- Serve immediately for best results.