This delicious Creamed Sirloin Tips with Portobello Mushrooms recipe is one, my families, all-time favorite go-to Fall menu items, combining juicy and quality tender Sirloin Tips, Baby Portobello Mushrooms and sweet Vidalia Onions with a thick rich wine laden gravy over classic parsleyed wide egg noodles.
There are so many family members over the years that have inspired my cooking and surprising the second most inspiring person besides my Grandmother Josie, is my father William. My father’s background is of Bavarian descent (German) and this wonderful inspiring man of almost 6’4 was such an amazing cook. He absolutely loved cooking and showing off his cooking skills to anyone would take the time to sit down and eat.
So many fond memories were spent with my father in the kitchen. If the truth be told my Creamed Sirloin Tips with Portobello Mushrooms was very much so inspired by my father’s recipe for Classic Beef and noodles with Mushrooms. I have made some changes and adapted it to suit my own families tastes, however, the memories of his wonderful recipe are still fresh and mouthwatering when I think of his tasty dish he made about once a month.
Below you will find my delicious family inspired Creamed Sirloin Tips with Portobello Mushrooms recipe with simple and easy to follow instructions to make your own family memories with your children.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 pounds of quality beef sirloin tips
- steak seasoning
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of quality Merlot wine
- 48 grams of beef gravy granules, about 3 tablespoons
- a few dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
- large Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pints of fresh baby portobello mushrooms cleaned, sliced
- Kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- 16 ounces egg noodles, cooked
- 2 tablespoons real unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 of a cup chopped parsley
- In a deep large metal skillet heat olive oil over a medium heat, meanwhile season beef sirloin tips with steak seasoning, kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper. Add sirloin beef tips to the pan, let cook 5 minutes without disturbing and then turn and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of beef stock, 1/2 of a cup sour cream, and 1/4 of a cup of Merlot wine to deep metal skillet, reduce heat to simmer, add 48 grams or 3 tablespoons of gravy granules to sauce stirring constantly to avoid any lumps and thicken the sauce
- Add 1 large Vidalia onion that has been sliced and 2 pints of sliced baby portobello mushrooms, kosher salt and pepper to your own taste and cook on very low for about 12-15 minutes stirring every so often.
- Once the sauce is done turn off the heat completely.
- Pour melted butter over 16 ounces of cooked wide egg noodles (Follow package instructions to cook) add 1/4 of a cup fresh chopped parsley and thoroughly but gently mix together.
- Plate a serving of egg noodles and top with Creamed Sirloin Tips with Portobello Mushrooms.
- Serve immediately for best results.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2018-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.