It’s a beautiful day this morning in Central Florida, the sky is a mass of blue and cotton puff clouds, a perfect morning for coffee and my favorite pancakes on the back patio… the type of pancakes that make you smile and think of Caramel Apples from a local festival. Honestly, they really are a sin to eat they’re so dangerously delicious, combining thick rich Caramel, crisp Apples, tasty Georgia Pecans with homemade apple pancakes.Mmm, It’s going to be a lovely and delicious morning!
The back patio is the place I go when I want to think and be one with nature, it’s gorgeous out there nothing but old trees, plants, and grassy land. That’s one thing I don’t miss about South Florida… I enjoy my peace and tranquility these days…Alone time has become a necessity in my life, it feels good to let my worries run off my shoulders this breezy morning enjoying my favorite breakfast treat. I love making these sinful pancakes on mornings I want something special, it’s my way of making it a special morning to savor and enjoy.
The Caramel Apple Pecan Pancakes ingredient list is a simple one, all ingredients you can locate at your local farmers market and/or favorite grocery store, most you may already have stocked in your pantry now.
Caramel Apple Pecan Pancakes
- 2 and 1/2 cups All-Purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 Gala apples, cored and sliced thinly
- 1 cup of Caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup of toasted pecans
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Mix together buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring until combined.
- Melt butter and add it to the batter, stirring gently to combine. Stir in more buttermilk if needed for thinning of batter.
- Cook on a well-oiled skillet over medium-low heat until pancakes are golden brown.
- Place 1 pancake on the serving dish, layer a light layer of gala apples, place another pancake down on top of apples, repeat layer of apples, place another pancake on top, drizzle caramel sauce over pancakes, top with pecans, and garnish with apples.
- Enjoy with a steaming hot cup of coffee
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.