Have you been searching for a One Pot or Skillet recipe that you can make on a busy work night after a long day? This recipe is so Simple and Easy you can manage to make an excellent meal in about 30 minutes or so in one skillet! You will find there is no muss or fuss involved with our recipe for One Skillet Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes.
This One Skillet Dish contains all-natural ingredients such as Fresh boneless and skinless Chicken breasts, Low Sodium Broth, Redskin Potatoes, Carrots, and Fresh Herbs that you can easily find at the local market all reasonably priced to keep your family meal reasonably budget-friendly.
When I am choosing a recipe for our family dinner, I look for a few things. Is it Healthy? Can I find all of the ingredients easily? Are the parts costly? Is it going to be time-consuming or messy? The last thing I want to deal with is a recipe that isn’t healthy, or I can’t find the ingredients, and they cost an arm and a leg. Let alone after a long day that recipe being so time-consuming and a huge mess to clean up when dinner is over.
A few weeks back, I was swamped. I was trying to get several things accomplished around my house and noticed I had very little on hand in the refrigerator from not shopping that week. I did have chicken, potatoes, carrots, onions, and so forth, but not much else.
Rummaging through my cabinets, I came across low sodium chicken broth, my typical dried herbs I keep on hand, and, of course, I have a fresh herb garden, so there are always fresh herbs on hand. I thought to myself, and you know what I have an idea. I keep seeing all these One Pots and One Skillet meals on the web. Just the other day, my buddy Dina from Kitchen Dreaming did one as well.
Of course, I immediately searched out one of my favorite, trusty metal skillets, started seasoning my chicken, then searing the boneless and skinless chicken, chopping & slicing my vegetables, tossed in my on-hand ingredients, herbs and spices, brought it to a simmer, reduced the heat to low, placed a tight-fitting lid on, and relaxed for about 22 minutes while it cooked. Now the question in my head, How is this going to taste? The answer? BEST One Skillet Meal ever. I swear I received more compliments off of that simple meal made in one skillet for my family.
Since I refuse to place anything on the blog that I haven’t tested and tweaked a few times, I wanted to make it a few more times. Of course, I tweaked a few things from my original Skillet meal, and the result was even better. You will find the tweaked and kitchen-tested version below. If you have 30 minutes to spare, I can promise you it’s going to be one of the better One Skillet Meals you make for your family’s dinner. Be sure to come back and let us know how much you enjoyed it.
One-Skillet Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes:
- One tablespoon olive oil
- Four boneless skinless chicken breasts
- One cup low-sodium chicken broth, or water
- juice of 1 lemon
- One tablespoon unsalted butter
- Five medium redskin potatoes, cut into six pcs each
- Three large carrots, sliced
- One small onion, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- a sprig of fresh rosemary
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- lemon slices, for garnish
One-Skillet Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-6 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 medium redskin potatoes cut into 6 pcs each
- 3 large carrots sliced
- 1 small onion sliced
- ½ tablespoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- lemon slices for garnish
- Heat the large skillet that has a matching tight-fitting lid, on medium heat, add olive oil and heat oil to medium temperature.
- Season Chicken with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. Place the chicken in heated skillet sear on both sides about 3 minutes, each side.
- Add 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth or water to skillet, the juice of 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, bring contents of the pan to a slight to simmer.
- Add potatoes, sliced carrots, sliced onion, dried basil, dried oregano, a sprig of fresh rosemary, and kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste. Reduce the heat to low setting, place a tight-fitting lid on skillet, continue cooking for about 20-25 minutes on low heat, or until potatoes are done.
- Garnish with lemons slices and additional rosemary.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2020-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.