Kansas City Style Bbq Chicken Sandwich time! Have you ever had the BBQ Battle? We have been known to battle full force over some BBQs in my household. You see, I’m the kind of girl who loves my Kansas City BBQ. Having been born in the Midwest, I love Kansas City Barbecue sauce’s dark and rich lip-smacking sweet flavor. I’m not happy until I am 10 napkins deep and as messy as possible.
On the other hand, my Mom, having lived in Tennessee most of her life, loves Dry Rub, using the Low and Slow method. My husband, a Florida Boy, tends to reach for that Carolina Style BBQ sauce. Can you see where we might have a battle here? Yep, and guess who wins? Did you think of me? If you did…You are correct unless my Mom is visiting. In that case, she will ALWAYS win the battle. She’s tough and has way too much stamina for my tastes.
Tonight it was just Little Cookie, Cyclone, and myself at my cozy, quiet, and humble abode located here in Haines City. “Who are Little Cookie and Cyclone?” you might be asking. A cookie is my 4-year-old Yorkshire Terrier (Terror, more like it), and Cyclone is my 3-year-old “Fat Cat” I hope he doesn’t read this. His feelings may get hurt… Cyclone doesn’t know he’s overweight and thinks he looks fine.
We got a bit carried away, going off-topic, and forgot our point, didn’t we? Long story short (finally), there was no one here to argue with me. It was a Kansas City BBQ Night without the drama!
PS … My Name is Heidy L. McCallum, and I am a Kansas City Style BBQ Lover!
PPS… I am 10 napkins deep writing this!
Ingredients Needed for Kansas City Style Bbq Chicken Sandwich
Four boneless and skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tablespoon of Mesquite dry spice blends, your brand
freshly cracked peppercorns
Kansas Style BBQ sauce, your brand
1 and 1/2 cups of sweet coleslaw
Kansas City Style Bbq Chicken Sandwich
- 4 thin Boneless Chicken Breasts Skin removed
- ½ tablespoon Mesquite Dry Spice blends Your brand
- Freshly cracked pepper To own taste
- Kansas City BBQ Sauce Your brand or Homemade
- Dill Pickles Sliced
- 4 Deli Rolls
- Preheat grill – be sure to spray cooking rack before heating.
- Season chicken breasts with mesquite dry seasoning and cracked pepper. Let the chicken sit for about 15 minutes while you prepare your grill.
- Place the chicken breasts on the hot grill, with the thicker portion facing the hotter part of your grill to cook evenly. Apply BBQ Sauce to the top side. Allow the chicken breasts to cook 4-5 minutes, without disturbing. Flip the chicken breasts, apply BBQ Sauce to other side and cook for another 4-6 minutes or till completely done.
- Remove from the grill, place on a platter until needed.
- Place lettuce on the bottom of deli roll, add BBQ chicken breast, sweet coleslaw, and dill pickle. Serve with a side dish of choice.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2021-2014. Unauthorized use and duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.