Ever had the BBQ Battle? We have been known to battle full force over some BBQ in my household. You see, I’m the kinda girl who loves my Kansas City BBQ. Having been born in the Mid-West, I love that dark and rich lip-smacking sweet flavor of Kansas City Barbecue sauce. I’m not happy until I am 10 napkins deep and as messy as can be.
On the other hand, my Mom, having lived in Tennessee most of her life, is a lover of Dry Rub’s, using the Low and Slow method. My husband being a Florida Boy, tends to reach for that Carolina Style BBQ sauce. Can you see where we might just have a battle here? Yep, and guess who wins? Did you guess me? If you did…You are correct unless my Mom is visiting. In that case, she will ALWAYS win the battle. She’s tough and has way too much stamina for my tastes.
Tonight it was just Little Cookie, Cyclone, and myself at my cozy, quiet, and humble abode, located here in Haines City. “Who are Little Cookie and Cyclone?” you might be asking? Cookie is my 4-year-old Yorkshire Terrier (Terror more like it), Cyclone is my 3-year-old “Fat Cat” I hope he doesn’t read this. His feelings may get hurt… Cyclone doesn’t know he’s overweight; he thinks he looks just fine.
Anyway, we got a bit carried away, thereby going off-topic and forgot our point, didn’t we? Long story short (finally), there was no one here to argue with me. It was a Kansas City BBQ Night without the drama!
PS … My Name is Heidy L. McCallum, and I am a Kansas City Style BBQ Lover!
PPS… I am 10 napkins deep writing this!
Ingredients Needed for Kansas City Style Bbq Chicken Sandwich
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tablespoon of Mesquite dry spice blends, your brand
- freshly cracked peppercorns
- Kansas Style BBQ sauce, your brand
- 1 and 1/2 cups of sweet coleslaw
- dill pickles
- Deli Rolls
Kansas City Style Bbq Chicken Sandwich
- 4 thin Boneless Chicken Breasts Skin removed
- ½ tablespoon Mesquite Dry Spice blends Your brand
- Freshly cracked pepper To own taste
- Kansas City BBQ Sauce Your brand or Homemade
- Dill Pickles Sliced
- 4 Deli Rolls
- Preheat grill – be sure to spray cooking rack before heating.
- Season chicken breasts with mesquite dry seasoning and cracked pepper. Let the chicken sit for about 15 minutes while you prepare your grill.
- Place the chicken breasts on the hot grill, with the thicker portion facing the hotter part of your grill to cook evenly. Apply BBQ Sauce to the top side. Allow the chicken breasts to cook 4-5 minutes, without disturbing. Flip the chicken breasts, apply BBQ Sauce to other side and cook for another 4-6 minutes or till completely done.
- Remove from the grill, place on a platter until needed.
- Place lettuce on the bottom of deli roll, add BBQ chicken breast, sweet coleslaw, and dill pickle. Serve with a side dish of choice.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2021-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.