These Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon Pancakes are the lightest and fluffiest pancakes I have had in a long time! The flavor of Cinnamon and Apple are a delicious combination of butter and maple syrup. I have to tell you this is my first time attempting a Gluten-Free Pancake batter, and I was thrilled with the results! I actually didn’t miss my old pancakes at all! I have a funny suspicion you won’t either.
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Apple Pancakes
- 2 and 1/2 cups King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar in the raw
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon Badia brand cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 Gala apple, cored and grated
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum, cinnamon, and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Mix together buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring until combined.
- Add grated Gala apple and fold in the batter.
- Melt butter and add it to the batter, stirring gently to combine. Stir in more buttermilk if needed for thinning of batter.
- Cook on a well-oiled skillet over medium-low heat until pancakes are golden brown.
Notes: Be sure to check all spices before adding, as some spices do have traces of Gluten. I would recommend using a brand such as Badia spices. Badia spices are Certified Gluten-Free which means they are tested and contain less than 10 ppm of gluten.