Have you ever wondered what it takes to make the Best Banana Bread, the Best Ever? It’s a Family Secret I am going to share with you. This wonderful bread contains Pure Honey, Brown Sugar and Buttermilk. That’s right those secret ingredients turn any ordinary Banana Bread into something more rich and tastier than all those other recipes on the web. It’s also Gluten and Nut Free. I have adapted our family recipe to provide a healthy and worry free recipe for those with allergies such as Gluten allergies and Nut allergies.
Best Gluten Free Banana Bread without Nuts
- 1 cup sugar in the raw
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoon of buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon of pure honey
- 1 teaspoon ground Badia cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/2 cups King Arthur Glutton Free all-purpose flour
- 2/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar in the raw
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Use nonstick spray to spray a bread loaf pan.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat well.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk honey and cinnamon and pure vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour, until the tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool on a rack for 30 minutes.
- Remove from bread pan and slice.
Notes: Be sure to check all spices before adding, as some spices do have traces of Gluten. I would recommend using a brand such as Badia spices. Badia spices are Certified Gluten-Free which means they are tested and contain less than 10 ppm of gluten.
Please be advised some people have been known to have issues with bananas , even though they are completely Gluten Free they do contain two proteins called lectin and chitinase which have been known to cause issues with some people who have Gluten Intolerance or Celiac Disease .
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.