Macaroni Salad with fruit is the perfect idea to change up your Ordinary Classic Macaroni Salad into something Epic. Summer has never tasted so good with Rotini Noodles, Red Bell Peppers, Green Bell Peppers, Peas, Fresh Pineapple chunks, Basil and diced Gala Apples. This is one of our families all time favorite Summer Salads. It’s so delightful and refreshing,it goes over so well with adults and children alike.
Macaroni Salad with Fruit
- 1 pound Rotini noodles
- 1/4 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced, red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 Gala apple, diced
- 1/2 cup Real Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon of sugar, if desired
- kosher salt, to taste
- Cook Rotini Pasta according to package directions (al dente method) Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. Drain excess water off the pasta. Place in a large glass bowl.
- Add green peppers, red peppers, green peas, fresh pineapple chunks, fresh basil, diced hard-boiled eggs, diced Gala apple, pineapple juice, pickle relish, Dijon mustard, sugar, and kosher salt if desired. Thoroughly yet gently mix all ingredients.
- Place in refrigerator 1 hour.
- May garnish with chopped basil.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.