Portobello Lasagna Stacks & Asiago Cheese

June 30, 2014

#Portobello #Lasagna with #Asiago

This Hearty and Healthy Lasagna contains no Meats or Noodles. Its wonderful flavor comes from Portobello Mushrooms, Heirloom Tomatoes, Ricotta Cheese, Fresh Basil, and Asiago Cheese!  The perfect dish for Meatless Mondays!Serves 6 guests.

I think in this day and age, we are all trying to be a little more Health Conscience. This is one dish you won’t have to feel so guilty for eating. There are no red meats or heavy carbs to worry about. Just that cheese. Now one thing you may also do to modify is using a lower fat content product. Remember it’s your food! —Enjoy it!

Ingredients needed

• 12 Portobello mushrooms, stems removed
  • 24 thick slices of Heirloom tomatoes, 1/4 inch
  • 10 ounces Ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 2  freshly grated Asiago cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped Basil
  • Kosher salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground pepper, to taste
  • Basil leaves for garnish
  • Nonstick Cooking Spray

Directions

Before getting started place, 24 slices of heirloom tomatoes on a cookie sheet, salt each side, let stand on counter for about 30 minutes to remove excess juices. After 30 minutes be sure to drain off juices and set to the side for later use

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.

In a glass mixing bowl, add Ricotta cheese, chopped spinach, minced garlic, parsley and egg white. Mix thoroughly Put to the side for later use.

Spray a large cookie sheet with nonstick spray.

Place 6 Portobello mushrooms stem side up on the cookie sheet. Place a dollop of Ricotta cheese in each stem area. Add Asiago cheese. (Remember, you will be making six stacks, 3 layers of cheese each) Place 2 slices of Heirloom tomatoes on top of ricotta cheese mixture, on each. Sprinkle with Asiago cheese. Place another Portobello mushroom on top of Asiago cheese. Repeat layers once. Top each serving with some Asiago cheese.

Place in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.

Remove from oven, sprinkle 1/4 cup basil over the top of Portobello Lasagna Stacks.

Garnish with the whole basil leaves and serve immediately.

#Portobello Lasagna and #Asiago

Dina@Kitchen Dreaming
    July 3, 2014 at 11:30 pm

These look Amazing!!! Thanks for coming and linking up at #The Weekend Social. Please be sure to come back next week starting Thursdays at 9PM EST I hope to see you there! pinned

Linda (Meal Planning Maven)
    July 1, 2014 at 10:22 am

I am looking for new meatless dishes to try this summer and now I definitely have one! I love the combination of flavors and textures…what a fun dish!

July 1, 2014 at 10:40 am

Thank you Linda! I love Portobello mushrooms—their texture was perfect for this dish! The Asiago Cheese really enhanced the tomatoes and mushrooms!!

keciasflavorbreakthrough
    July 1, 2014 at 9:43 am

This is such a beautiful dish Heidi, I don’t know if I could eat it! I bet the flavor is of the scale good, though so I would have to eat it up!

July 1, 2014 at 10:39 am

Thank you Kecia! I had no problem gobbling up that Portobello Lasagna Stacks & Asiago Cheese! Pretty or not—it was so delicious! Asiago Cheese really has a great flavor!

auntbeesrecipes
    July 1, 2014 at 1:48 am

You have such a WINNER here! Mushrooms are one of my favorite foods and I love how you took out the meat AND the noodles but added in such wonderful other flavors and textures… the kicker….. that fabulous asaigo cheese! You get 10 stars for this one HEIDY!

July 1, 2014 at 10:35 am

Thank you Aunt Bee’s Recipes! I am so thrilled you liked Portobello Lasagna Stacks & Asiago Cheese! It was fantastic and without having all those carbs and red meat??? What??? SO much more healthy! Thanks for all the compliments!!!

KC the KitchenChopper
    June 30, 2014 at 6:08 pm

I haven’t done much with Asiago, but this recipe looks like a great place to start. Thanks Heidy! I’m ready to stack! 🙂

June 30, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Thanks KC Asiago has a great flavor— Portobello Lasagna Stacks & Asiago Cheese are delicious and fairly easy .

Cindy Jamieson
    June 30, 2014 at 5:03 pm

This looks SO delicious Heidi! I love that it’s meatless too.

June 30, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Thank you Cindy, Portobello Lasagna Stacks & Asiago Cheese is definitely a healthy choice and delicious choice!

Nicole Neverman
    June 30, 2014 at 4:51 pm

This sounds amazing!! All the ingredients sound beautiful together.

June 30, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Portobello Lasagna Stacks & Asiago Cheese fast became one of my favorites today! No guilt! No Meat!—one happy blogger!

cristina cassidy
    June 30, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Yum.

June 30, 2014 at 3:57 pm

I am so glad you enjoyed the Portobello Lasagna Stacks & Asiago Cheese recipe Christina

taranoland
    June 30, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Oh my heavens does that look good, YUM!!

June 30, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Thank you so much Tara! I really appreciate your compliment on Portobello Lasagna Stacks & Asiago Cheese

Patty Haxton Anderson
    June 30, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Wow, just love cooking with Portobellos and this sounds fantastic Heidy.

June 30, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Thank you Patty. I have been trying to watch my carbs and well to be honest red meat due to it making me ill. This was fun and I really enjoyed making the Portobello Lasagna Stacks & Asiago Cheese recipe.

1 2