You will find this Dark and Rich Zucchini Bread to be a little different from others. We have taken ours up a notch by adding Brown Sugar, Honey, Cashew Nuts, and Lemon Zest. The flavors are Astonishing, you will find it ALL adds up to a Darker richer Zucchini
Zucchini Bread is one of those wonderful unexpected miracles to me. For years our family has made it. Each family member had their own version of it. You will find that I do not use the famous walnuts in our version. I come to love Zucchini Bread with Chopped Cashew nuts. The flavor is a fantastic variant of the ordinary.
Dark and Rich Zucchini Bread
Makes 2 loaves
- 3 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 and 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 and 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl mixing bowl, combine flour, white sugar, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and lemon zest.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine zucchini, eggs, vegetable oil, water, lemon juice, and honey.
- Incorporate wet ingredients into the dry slowly, mixing well. Add nuts to batter and fold in.
- You will need to spray to bread loaf pans with nonstick spray before adding batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Remove from oven and place pans on baking rack to cool before attempting to remove bread.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch,2017- 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.