These Summertime Festive ice cream sandwiches are as easy as 1. 2. 3.! They have a little Secret Ingredient in them! Imagine Brownie Cookies with a hint of Chili Powder. It’s perfectly paired with the Chocolate and Vanilla Flavors!
Ingredients needed for Brownie Cookies
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Four tablespoons unsalted butter
- Four large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- One teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili powder
Other ingredients needed
- Vanilla ice cream
- Candy Sprinkles
- In a large bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chopped chocolate with the butter, stirring a few times, until smooth, approximately 6- 7 minutes.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar at medium speed, about 5 minutes. Beat in the vanilla, Chili powder, and salt. Using a spatula, fold in the melted chocolate, then fold in the flour and baking powder. Scrape the batter into a baking dish, cover and refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop out mixture on the baking sheet, leaving 3 inches space between — Bake for about 10-12 minutes in a preheated oven of 350 degrees.
- Remove cookies from the oven and completely cool before removing from the baking sheet. Place cookies in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour in a covered container.
- In a shallow container, place a decent amount of candy sprinkles, set to the side.
- Remove Brownie cookies from the freezer. Place on a clean, dry baking sheet in an assembly line of tops above bottoms.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop 1-2 scoops (depending on how thick you want the ice cream to be, we used two scoops) of ice cream in the center of cookie bottom. Carefully place Brownie Cookie on top. Lightly press together. (Do not push too hard or cookie will crack or break) Once the ice cream is even on all sides, using a clean fingertip smooth edges.
- Once done, roll ice cream sandwich sideways in sprinkles, evenly coat. (If it is not sticking by moving you may manually place on sides by scooping on hands and lightly shaking excess off)
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch,2020- 2014. Unauthorized use and duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.