These Mahi Mahi Tacos are Healthy and Super Tasty. They combine Grilled Mahi Mahi Fish that has been marinated in Mojo Criollo and lime, with all our favorite taco fixings. They are definitely a Summer must try.
I love Fish and Seafood. It’s so tasty and of course GOOD for you. Being I rarely eat red meat or pork. I am always finding new ways to enjoy all my old favorites.
Beef and Pork Tacos had always been a favorite of mine, I have pretty much completely given those items up. I reserve them for Special Occasions. However, till its special occasion time, I will be completely content enjoying Mahi Mahi Tacos!
Ingredients needed for Mahi Mahi Tacos
- 2 pounds fresh Mahi Mahi fish
- 1/2 cup Goya Marinade Mojo Criollo
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- juice of one lime
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 cup fresh grated cheddar cheese, if desired
- fresh corn tortillas
- lime wedges
- olive oil, or cooking spray
- In a large rectangular container or glass dish place the 2 pounds of fresh Mahi Mahi, cover with 1/2 cup Goya Marinade Mojo Criollo, minced garlic and juice of 1 lime. Cover tightly with lid or plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to marinate 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and drain excess marinade off. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Set to the side for time being.
- Preheat grilling pan or grill that has been treated with olive oil or cooking spray to a medium high temperature. Once heated place fish skin side down cook for about 4-5 minutes. Gently turn and cook another side 4-5 minutes or till done.
- Warm corn tortillas by placing on the grill and heating each side a few moments. About 30 to 45 seconds on each side. If preparing indoors, you can use a clean dry preheated grill pan and do the same.
- Place corn tortilla on a serving plate, place a layer of shredded lettuce, fish, tomatoes, sliced avocados, and diced tomatoes. You may top with cheese if so desired.
- Serve with lime wedges.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch,2018- 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.