Fudge and Caramel Brownies with Cherries & Cashews are going to seriously appeal to your Sweet Tooth. They combine a Fudge, Rich Flavor with the decadence of Maraschino Cherries and Cashew Nuts!
When my 24-year-old son was small I used to make these for him and his friends. They absolutely flew off the table in a matter of seconds- Needless to say, I was a hit with his friends. These days I don’t make them as often. Usually for Special Occasions such as the Holidays or when I am missing my Favorite Child in the world.
Today. I was missing Kory very much. My son is my mini-me. Another wonderful Marine who is deployed out in the Ocean until September. So with a few teary eyes, I decided to make something I knew he would enjoy… Fudge and Caramel Brownies with Cherries & Cashews. They say Chocolate cures the Blues. So let’s find out.
Fudge Caramel Brownies with Maraschino Cherries
- 2 sticks Butter
- 1/2 cup chopped salted Cashew nuts (divided by 2)
- 1/2 cups Plus 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 4 cups Sugar
- 6 whole Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 16 original size Rolo Candies
- 16 perfect maraschino cherries with stems
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt the butter with the unsweetened chocolate over very low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Whisk to combine ingredients- Add the cocoa, sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, All- Purpose flour and Self Rising flour. Once you are done incorporating the ingredients stir in 1/4 cup chopped cashew nuts.
- Prepare a 9 x 11 glass baking dish or metal baking pan by spraying with a non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface with a rubber spatula. You will need to eye your measurements or use a ruler without touching batter if needed for 16 brownies. Place 1 Rolo Candy in the center of uncooked brownie and insert till about 3/4 of the way in the batter. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 of chopped salted Cashews evenly over uncooked brownies. Place on Maraschino Cherry on top of each Rolos Candy. (Do not remove stems)
- Bake in a preheated oven of 350 degrees for about 35 minutes (until the edge is set but the center is still a bit soft and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out coated with a little of the batter.)
- Cool at room temperature in the pan for about an hour then refrigerates about 1 hour. Cut the brownies into 16 squares.
If you are having an issue with your Maraschino Cherry staying on top of Rolos Candy dip it in a bit of the batter left on sides of the bowl it will help adhere it to the Rolos.