Uncategorized

CrockPot Spicy Chili Dog Sauce and Grilled Hot Dogs

June 17, 2014 (Last Updated: April 28, 2021)

As summer comes to a boil here in Sunny, Florida, we are always looking for ways not to overheat our homes and enjoy our days.  These Grilled Hot Dogs are smothered in a  TASTY slightly Spicy Chili Dog Sauce, with Sharp Cheddar and Vidalia Onions.  This lovely spicy but not overly hot Chili Dog Sauce; is easily made in your crockpot overnight — or during the day when you are enjoying your Summer Family Time.

CrockPot Spicy Chili Dog Sauce and Grilled Hot Dogs

Ingredients needed

1/2 to 3/4 pound  ground beef lean ground beef
One small onion minced
9 ounces  of tomato paste
12 ounces of tomato sauce
1 quarts water
Three tablespoons Hot Sauce
One tablespoon garlic powder
One tablespoon chili powder
One tablespoon white vinegar
One teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoons cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Dash of Worcestershire sauce

Other ingredients needed

• Deli-style Hot Dog Buns
  • Diced Vidalia onions
  • Beef Hot Dogs, grilled
  • grated cheddar cheese

Directions

In a skillet, brown lean ground beef is completely done and no longer has any uncooked pink areas. Break up in small pieces with a spatula. Drain if needed.

In a large Crock Pot add tomato paste , sauce , water, hot sauce ,garlic powder, chili powder, white vinegar , cumin , black pepper and salt. Once you have added the other ingredients, you will now add ground beef and a dash of Worcestershire sauce.

Cover and cook in the crockpot overnight (8 hours) on low.

Notes –   If the sauce is not the desired thickness, you may add 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch if needed.

Assembly Place grilled Hot Dogs on a Deli-style bun, spoon Spicy Chili Dog Sauce over hot dogs, add diced onions.

Sandi Shaffer
    July 8, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Can you freeze this chili sauce?

Joanne/WineladyCooks
    July 4, 2014 at 7:58 pm

The chili dog sauce sounds so delicious. I love the idea of making it in the slow cooker the day before. I love planning ahead and having everything ready. Pinned and shared.

July 7, 2014 at 10:52 am

Thank you Joanne I swear this Crock Pot Spicy Chili Dog Sauce and Grilled Hot Dogs recipe so so easy! I am glad you enjoyed the recipe!

Ronda Eagle
    June 27, 2014 at 12:40 am

OK – I can’t even believe you didn’t invite me over for chili dogs. Is there another way to even eat them? I’m not sure! Pinning and stumbling. 🙂

Mandy Lewis
    June 25, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Great idea for summer I really enjoy a good chili dog. Glad I found this!

Miz Helen
    June 23, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Chili Dogs are a favorite of mine and your sauce looks wonderful! Your place at our table is very special and thanks so much for sharing your wonderful food with all of us at Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a fantastic week and come back real soon!
    Miz Helen

Renee's Kitchen Adventures
    June 18, 2014 at 9:51 am

This looks wonderful. My husband would love me if I made this for dinner one night!

June 19, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Thanks so much! Nothing like a good chili dog and a cold beer!!

Nicole Neverman
    June 17, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Well I really wish it was summer here too! Darn winter…! I love that this can be chucked in the slow cooker! It sounds super delicious too!

June 17, 2014 at 8:10 pm

I do not often eat beef, and have made this with ground Turkey too.