This wonderful recipe for Bacon and Cheddar Chicken with Twice Baked Potato combines Grilled Chicken that is topped with Crisp Hickory Smoked Bacon and Delicious Cheddar Cheese and a side of BBQ Sauce. It’s the perfect meal for that man who loves Bacon and Cheese. I can promise you won’t be receiving any complaints when serving this.
This recipe is actually a recipe that I have adapted from one of my Mother in Law’s recipes. It’s always been a favorite of my husband and myself. It’s perfectly paired with a Twice Baked Loaded Baked Potato as I have done in the picture. Or even simple fries would be excellent as well.
Bacon and Cheddar Chicken with Twice Baked Potato
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 recipe for garlic & herb marinade (below)
- 4 slices of crisp hickory smoked bacon
- 8 slices of Cheddar cheese
- Kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Barbecue sauce your brand
Instructions for Chicken
- Place boneless skinless chicken that has been cut up in strips in a plastic ziplock bag or container with tight-fitting lid. Add 1 recipe for Garlic and Herb Marinade (below), be sure to turn around in marinade a few times to evenly coat. Tightly seal ziplock or container, place in refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and drain off all excess marinade. Set to side.
- Heat grill you have sprayed with cooking spray pan to medium heat. Place chicken strips in pan and cooks on each side about 3-4 minutes or till done. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large baking dish or cookie sheet. Place 4 even amounts of chicken strips into separate portions on baking sheet.
- Divide crisp bacon into halves and place 4 halves of bacon on each portion of grilled chicken.
- Place a slice of cheddar cheese on each portion.
- Bake on 350 degrees for about 10 minutes to melt cheese.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before plating.
- Serve with your choice of BBQ Sauce.
Ingredients for Garlic & Herb Marinade
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons of dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of cracked pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of Mrs Dash original blend
Directions for Marinade
Combine all ingredients in glass bowl and thoroughly whisk together.
Notes: This marinade can be doubled and 1/2 stored in a tightly lidded container for up to two weeks if desired.
Twice Baked Potato with Cheddar and Bacon Ingredients
- 4 large baking potatoes scrubbed clean
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped chives or green onions
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Twice Baked Potato with Cheddar and Bacon Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Rub freshly cleaned and scrubbed potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with a little kosher salt. Place on a large baking or cookie sheet pan a few inches apart bake 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- When potatoes have cooled down enough to safely handle, slice each one in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out the middles, leaving about a1/4-inch rim around the potato skin, and insides of potatoes a glass bowl. Set shells aside to fill later.
- Mash the potatoes lightly.Some lumps are actually welcome. Stir in crumbled bacon, 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream, chives, Kosher salt, and pepper.
- Spoon mashed potato mixture into the potato skins and return to the baking tray. Sprinkle with reserved 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese
- Return to the 400-degree oven and bake about 20 or 25 minutes.
- Top with more chives or parsley if desired before serving.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original conten