Summer Berry Salad with Grilled Chicken is such an excellent and simple salad. It’s perfect for lunch or even a light dinner. It combines simple ingredients such as Grilled Chicken, Feta Cheese, Fresh Blueberries, Strawberries, Grape Tomatoes with Baby Greens.
Ingredients for grilled chicken
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- One large clove of garlic, minced
- One teaspoon grated lemon zest
- One teaspoon salt
- One teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Four boneless skinless chicken breasts
Place all ingredients listed (except chicken) in a blender. Blend about 45 seconds. Once done, set to the side. Place chicken in a large ziplock bag (careful not to spill marinade) pour over chicken in a ziplock bag. Place in refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
Once 30 to 60 minutes have elapsed, remove chicken from the marinade place it on a clean plate.
Pre-Heat grill to medium heat (or grill pan if doing in-house). Place meat on grill or pan, cook on each side 4-5 minutes or till completely done. Once done, place on a clean plate and cool for 10-15 minutes. Once cooled, dice chicken into small bite-size pieces. Set to the side.
Ingredients needed for Salad
- One cup of Fresh blueberries
- One and 1/2 cups of fresh strawberries, sliced
- One cup of grape tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- Baby greens
- Dressing of choice
Be sure to wash all berries and lettuce before using. This step is crucial to rid the berries and lettuce of any debris or possible chemicals—slice chicken breasts before adding to salad.