The perfect Summer Coleslaw combines Gala Apples , Cabbage , Red sweet peppers , and carrots . The sweet pickle relish and Dijon mustard give it a whole NEW flavor. Your friends and family will WONDER what that Secret Ingredient is…
Summer Apple Cabbage Coleslaw
- 1/2 cabbage head, cut into chunks
- 2 cups finely diced Gala apples
- 1/2 red sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 large carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Parsley to garnish
- Using a food processor, gently process the red sweet bell pepper, celery, and carrots being careful not to over the process .
- Cut 1/2 of the green cabbage (only) into chunks and place in the food processor and process lightly, making sure the cabbage doesn’t become over processed .
- Slice the remaining cabbage thinly .
- Mix the cabbage together with the processed vegetables . In a separate bowl add diced purple cabbage and mix the remaining ingredients together .
- Allow to stand for a few minutes . Combine the mayonnaise mixture with the vegetables and toss .
- Chill for 1 hour.
Note– You may also use bagged shredded cabbage, and omit the food processor stage.