Spicy Cashew Shrimp Noodles is a fabulous way to save money on the expense of costly Take-Out and Chinese delivery. Chinese food takeout menus may be your go-to on busy evenings or late nights, but I have to ask,” Why would you want to throw away your hard-earned money on takeout ?” With a Simple and Fast recipe like this one; you can easily make traditional Chinese food recipes at home my Asian Inspired recipe for Spicy Cashew Shrimp Noodles is a Spicy Delicious and Delightful alternative with a combination of Red Chillies, Celery Shrimp, Chinese Flat Noodles, and Cashews.
I can not tell you enough how much I really enjoy any Asian recipe or Asian-Inspired recipes. Normally, I would serve this over rice since my husband detests rice to an extreme I have made it with noodles instead today. You can easily serve with a fluffy white rice if you desire rice instead and trust me its super delicious as well. Below you will find my version of DIY Chinese take-out with simple instructions to make at home.
Spicy Cashew Shrimp Noodles
- 12 ounces uncooked Chinese flat noodles
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups of mushrooms halved
- 1 cup whole roasted cashews
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups diagonally sliced celery
- 8 ounces canned water chestnuts
- Bring a large stock pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Cook the Chinese noodles according to package directions. Drain the noodles. Rinse in cold water to stop cooking if desired.
- In a glass bowl combine the honey, fish sauce, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and lime juice. Set aside for a later use in another recipe.
- Heat a Wok or if you do not have one use a deep large skillet on high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil and the shrimp. cook the shrimp until cooked through, about 3 minutes per minutes, constantly flipping and stirring. Remove the shrimp from the wok pan.
- Add the second tablespoon of oil , garlic, celery, mushrooms and red chillies. Cook using a stir fry method for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add drained water chestnuts and cashews, stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Add the sauce and the shrimp back to the pan, stir and cook one more minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the green onions.
- Serve over Chinese flat noodles.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.