DIY Foods/ Hand Blended SPices/ Uncategorized

Memphis Dry Rub – Hand Blended Spice

Want to add a QUICK kick to your meals ? Well, this DIY for Memphis Dry Rub is GUARANTEED to help SPICE up your meats! It’s the perfect blend for Summer BBQ’s and all around grilling! Add as little or as much as you fancy to HEAT up your BBQ!

Have you ever stopped to think of how MUCH you pay for Blended Grilling Spices? I sure have! About a year ago I was on a QUEST to save a few pennies here and there. I stopped to think of what Household items or even Grocery items I might be able to rally to save money on .

Memphis Dry Rub #HandBlended

One of the things, I found as I was making my list of cutbacks happened to be Blended Spices. How RIDICULOUS the amount was. I had to ask , “WHY, am I spending this on something I could DIY??”

So thus began the Saga of my Personal Hand Blending. It’s so SIMPLE and EASY to do! I can make batches as I see fit, as LARGE or SMALL as I like!

Memphis Dry Rub – Hand Blended Spice

• 1 tablespoon dried thyme
  • 3 teaspoons cumin
  • 2 teaspoons dry mustard
  • 2 teaspoons ground coriander
  • 2 teaspoons ground allspice

Preparation:

Mix together all ingredients until well combined. Store in an airtight container. May be stored for up to 6 months.

Notes

When using on meats generously add to meat, and rub with hands. Place covered meat in refrigerator to absorb for 12 to 24 hours for BEST flavor be grilling or baking LOW and SLOW

© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

savoryexperiments
    May 31, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Love making my own spice blends- why buy when you can adjust the flavors yourself?

June 3, 2014 at 11:52 pm

Absolutely it sure does save some serious cash making your own spice blend too!

Ronda Eagle
    May 31, 2014 at 2:36 am

I just made a BBQ rub today but I def need to give this Memphis rub a try. Thanks for sharing it!

June 3, 2014 at 11:54 pm

Thank you Ronda, it’s a great spice blend for summer! I am so glad you liked it!!!

auntbeesrecipes
    May 31, 2014 at 2:02 am

I am a HUGE fan of Memphis style bbq, so I KNOW I will love this! I have all the ingredients too!!

June 3, 2014 at 11:54 pm

Memphis BBQ is a HUGE hit with me too! Thank you for dropping by!!!

Debi @ Life Currents
    May 30, 2014 at 6:40 pm

I love making my own spices. Besides being cheaper and healthier, you can customize and add things you like and leave out things you don’t. I love the idea of this Memphis rub. My husband would love it on ribs or steak. I wonder how it’d be on Tofu… delish I bet. It makes me hum the Mark Cohn tune, “Walking in Memphis”. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

June 3, 2014 at 11:56 pm

I agree with that 100% you can always have a better idea of what you are adding to you meals! I do wonder about the Tofu— it make make it more interesting for sure!!! Let me know!!!

Sarah Bates
    May 30, 2014 at 4:24 pm

We recently went to Memphis and my son fell in love with their BBQ. He will be thrilled that I found this recipe! Can’t wait to make it soon and use it on ribs and chicken.

May 30, 2014 at 5:01 pm

It’s really fantastic on Pork, just remember low and slow will give you the BEST flavor too when using Memphis rub!! I am so glad you enjoyed the spice blend Sarah! Let me know how everyone liked it when you make it!

Sandra - The Foodie Affair
    May 30, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Yes! I feel like a scientist when I blend spices together 🙂 This is a great versatile combination. Thanks, Heidy!

May 30, 2014 at 5:00 pm

I am so glad you dropped by and enjoyed the Memphis dry rub!!!

Kc Kahn the Kichen Chopper
    May 30, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Making #spiceblends is so easy. This combo looks amazing. I will most def be using this on #grilledmeats this summer! Thanks Heidy for always bringing something tasty to the table!

May 30, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Thank you KC! I am glad you enjoyed it!!! Also if you omit the sugar, you will have a healthier blend too! Great for those who are watching their sugar intake!!!

Stephanie Pass
    May 30, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Wow, this would be great to use for my husband’s crockpot bbq ribs. Thanks for sharing!

May 30, 2014 at 4:56 pm

I agree, it tastes fantastic on pork!!! Thank you Stephanie !

Renee'sKitchenAdventures
    May 30, 2014 at 1:27 pm

I don’t often make my own spice blends, but I really don’t know why. You are right, it’s so easy and much more economical. I’ll have to give this one a try the next time I grill some pork! 🙂

May 30, 2014 at 4:56 pm

I can not believe how much I have been saving!!! Just not paying those outrageous prices has given me a little extra cash to spend in other areas! Plus I can make it as gifts for special occasion and dress it up in a fancy container .

Joanne T Ferguson
    May 30, 2014 at 6:06 am

G’day! Looks terrific Heidy! Love the combination of ingredients!
    Cheers! Joanne

May 30, 2014 at 8:00 am

Thank you Joanne… it’s a fantastic spice for pork or beef… my husband likes it on chicken, however I’m not fond of it on chicken

1 2