If you are a fan of Baked Overloaded Baked Potatoes you are really going to love this delicious Overloaded Potato Salad. It’s a fantastic way to dress up any plain boring Potato Salad for any occasion.Combining some of our family favorites Sour Cream, Crisp bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions and more come together in one place to wake up your taste buds this summer.
Overloaded Baked Potato Salad
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, whole
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Real mayo
- 1/2 cup sharp yellow cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 9 strips bacon, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- Kosher salt, to your owntaste
- cracked black pepper, to your taste
- Olive Oil
- Place oven on 400 degrees and preheat
- While oven is preheating, rub olive oil on clean, dry russet potatoes, lightly salt with Kosher salt.
- Place on a clean cookie sheet, then into the oven for 1 hour, or till fully baked.
- Once done, remove from oven and allow to completely cool.
- Cut potatoes into desired size.
- Mix everything (except the bacon) and let it chill in the fridge to allow the flavors to marry.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon, set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Once the bacon has drained and blotted, add 1/2 of bacon to salad. Mix thoroughly but gently.
- Garnish with Cheese and use other 1/2 of bacon to the top salad. You may also add extra green onions top if desired
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2014-15. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.