Asian Inspired/ Dinner/ Fish and Seafood/ Foods of the World/ Spring Menu/ Summer Menu/ Uncategorized

Thai Brown Curry Shrimp with Vegetable Stir Fry

Thai Brown Curry Shrimp with Vegetable Stir Fry is inspired by my two lovely friends Li Li and Su who are connoisseurs of Thai Food. The recipe is one they were given by a wonderful friend of theirs, so it has passed a few hands over the years. It combines a Rich and Tasty Curry Sauce with Shrimp, Broccoli Red Peppers and baby corn served with Jasmine rice.

#Thai Brown #Curry #Shrimp with #Vegetable #StirFry in light sauce

Curry is a favored dish in Thai restaurants throughout the world. Based on a Rich and Delicious paste of fresh and dried herbs and spices, curry is unique and unlike any dish in American cuisine. Curry can be defined as a savory, stew-like dish flavored with herbs and or spices.

Curry is considered native to India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and South East Asia. The method of cooking was brought to South East Asia by the Indian immigrants over several centuries.

There are dozens of different types of curries throughout Thailand varying by the use of various types of curry pastes, the addition of coconut or water and different combinations of meats, herbs, vegetables, and fruits.

The key ingredients in the majority of Thai curry pastes are mostly wet and fragrant: fresh chilies, lemongrass, galangal, garlic, shallot, kaffir lime, cilantro roots, and shrimp paste. These herbs and spices are appreciated not only for their taste but also for their medicinal qualities.

Below you will find our Thai recipe for delicious Thai Brown Curry Shrimp with Vegetable Stir Fry with simple to follow instructions to make your own at home with ease.

Thai Brown Curry Shrimp with Vegetable Stir Fry
  • 2 tablespoons peanut oil
  • 1 tablespoon Thai style Brown Curry Paste
  • 12 ounces of fresh broccoli florets
  • 1 cup or 8 ounces of Zucchini sliced in strips
  • 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
  • 1 and 1/2 pounds raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 2 teaspoons Thai style Fish Sauce
  • 12 ounces can baby corn, drained chopped
  • 13.5 ounces can of Thai style Coconut Milk
  • 4 cups cooked Thai rice or White Rice
Directions

In a large skillet, heat peanut oil over medium heat add Red Curry Paste and whisk until dissolved.

Add broccoli, red peppers, Zucchini and stir-fry 2-3 minutes or so, add shrimp, and Fish Sauce.

Stir-fry until shrimp just begin to turn pink. Add baby corn and Coconut Milk mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer

Simmer until shrimp are cooked about 3 minutes.

Serve over fluffy white Jasmine Rice.

© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch,2018- 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sandra Shaffer
    August 1, 2014 at 1:36 pm

I used to make stir-fry quite often. I need to put it back in my menu rotation! Coconut and curry together are so good. My mouth is watering just looking at this dish!

Priya Shiva
    August 1, 2014 at 6:18 am

I love curry and this is definitely in try list now!

August 1, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Thank you Priya I am glad you enjoyed the recipe for Thai Brown Curry Shrimp with Vegetable Stir Fry, Let me know how it turns out!

Shelby
    July 4, 2014 at 7:29 am

Looks delicious. I love anything Thai so this will be on my menu in the near future for certain!

July 7, 2014 at 10:56 am

Thai Brown Curry Shrimp with Vegetable Stir Fry was fairly simple to make ! I love shrimp so we are always looking for new ways to make it! Thanks for stopping by!!

Renee's Kitchen Adventures
    July 3, 2014 at 9:47 am

I’m not a huge fan of curry, but this recipe sounds good with the addition of coconut milk! I’ll have to give it a try!

July 3, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Thanks fro dropping by Renee. I completely understand curry can be a love and hate relationship with some. Let me know if you try the Thai Brown Curry Shrimp with Vegetable Stir Fry— and if you liked it.

Platter Talk
    July 1, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Looks delicious, Heidy. I love curry and I love shrimp; thanks for showing us how to put them both together!

July 1, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Thank you Dan! You know when I was making this I happened to read a lot on Curry and learned a lot! Now I have several more dishes besides the Thai Brown Curry Shrimp with Vegetable Stir Fry that I would love to make!!

Kc Kahn the Kichen Chopper
    May 22, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Curry is such a “spot hitter”. This dish looks so tasty. On my “to try” list! Thanks Heidy!

May 22, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Thank you Kc . I love high spice! Of course we all know I love shrimp!!! Perfect combo for me!

Ronda Eagle
    May 22, 2014 at 3:02 pm

This looks wonderful. I love curry so i am going to give this a try!

Nicole Neverman
    May 22, 2014 at 1:36 am

This looks delicious! Another superb recipe!