This simple Chicken Applicious Salad with Fresh Basil is such a hit with adults and children alike! It combines a Delicious Chicken marinated in ALL Fresh ingredients, Crisp apples, and Fresh Basil! We have also lightened it up by cutting our mayo in half, and using Greek Yogurt to replace it! It’s a simple Lunch treat you are going to be extremely HAPPY with for sure!
Chicken Applicious Salad with Fresh Basil
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Place all ingredients listed (except chicken) in a blender. Blend about 45 seconds. Once done set to side.
- Place chicken in a large ziplock bag, (careful not to spill marinade) pour over chicken in a ziplock bag.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes .
- Once 30 to 60 minutes have elapsed , remove chicken from marinade place on clean plate.
- Pre-Heat grill to medium heat (or grill pan if doing in-house). Place meat on grill or pan, cook on each side 4-5 minutes or till completely done. Once done place on a clean plate and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Once cooled dice chicken into small bite size pieces . Set to the side.
Ingredients for chicken salad
- 4 boneless chicken breasts diced (recipe above)
- 1/2 cup Real Mayo
- 1/2 cup Greek Plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Gala apples diced
In a large glass bowl combine all the listed ingredients together. Mix gently but thoroughly. Serve on grilled wraps or any desired bread.