Spinach & Bacon Quiche with Jalapenos combines a super crisp bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Spinach, and the heat of Fresh jalapeno peppers. It’s a perfect dish for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch and or Dinner.You can’t go wrong with a dish that’s so versatile and simple and fits into any season or occasion.
A Quiché is so versatile you can add or delete ingredients to make your own favorite Quiché at the drop of a dime. One of the things I did change about the Spinach & Bacon Quiche with Jalapenos was the cooking time on this Quiché … it tasted perfect however, I would have preferred it be a little less brown. Our original recipe called to bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, I have changed that time to 45 minutes or so below.
Spinach & Bacon Quiche with Jalapenos
- 9-inch frozen pie crust
- 1 jalapeño pepper diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 5 slices bacon cooked crisp and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded, white sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Thaw out the frozen crust for approximately 15 minutes. Place pie crust in an oven safe baking dish or pie pan. Be sure to use a fork to make small holes in the crust before baking.
- Bake the crust for about for 8-10 minutes in 350-degree oven. Remove the pie crust from the oven and lower the oven.
- Put the cream and half-and-half into a saucepan over low-medium heat for about 4-5 minutes or until it begins to slightly bubble. Do not bring to a boil.
- Beat the eggs together in a bowl add the hot cream mixture a very small amount at a time (to temper into the eggs) whisking constantly to combine. Add the cheese, spinach, jalapeno peppers, paprika, salt, pepper, and bacon. Pour into the crust and bake for 45-55 minutes or till it sets. Do not overcook.
- Cool slightly before serving
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2018-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.