My amazing tasting recipe for Ravioli with Shrimp & Lemon Cheese Sauce is a perfect dinner for your favorite honey on a date night, combining decadent shrimp, sinfully delicious cheese ravioli with a homemade creamy white sauce that has a hint of lemon and the peppery taste of fresh arugula.
I’m a big fan of this simple and super delicious recipe , yes I just tooted my horn on this recipe. I can remember how excited I was the day I made it for my husband for dinner.It has such a fresh and lovely presentation. If your Sweetie is a seafood and pasta guy this is certainly the way to heart on that special date night without the children.
Below you will find my recipe for Ravioli with Shrimp & Lemon Cheese Sauce to make your own special “Date night” dinner for your own sweetie.Don’t forget a nice bottle of wine and that stunning dress you’ve been saving for a special occasion, after all, it’s Date Night — It is a special occasion.
Ravioli with Shrimp & Lemon Cheese Sauce
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup grated of Parmigiano Reggiano
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- a few of red pepper flakes
- kosher salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- Melt unsalted butter over low – medium heat in large saucepan . Squeeze the juice of the lemon into hot butter , slowly add cream to the pan while stirring constantly -Cream will bubble slightly.
- Add Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and continue to stir constantly (If sauce gets too thick add a bit more cream.) Continue stirring till completely smooth- if needed add a touch more cream and continue stirring.
- Once done add the lemon zest and set to side.
Other ingredients needed
- 2 pounds of good quality cheese ravioli, either fresh or frozen
- 1 pound of steamed shrimp, cleaned
- 2 cups of fresh Arugula
- 2 lemons, sliced and halved
- olive oil
- Bring a large pasta pan or large stockpot filled with salted water to a full boil.
- Cook pasta using package directions or recipe instructions if you are making fresh ravioli.
- Once done drain pasta.
- Place pasta in a large serving dish, add arugula, steamed shrimp, lemon cheese sauce, lightly toss and garnish with lemon slices.
- Carefully toss as not to break the pasta. Season with additional kosher salt and or pepper if desired before serving.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.