Easy Shrimp and Fresh Vegetable Pizza is a Fresh Vegetable Pizza with Homemade sauce and so simple and delicious to make. This wonderful pizza is great for a quick Lunch or causal Dinner. It combines peppery Arugula , fresh Shrimp, Sweet Peppers, Portobello Mushrooms, and Grape Tomatoes with a wonderful Mozzarella Cheese and Spices.
Easy Shrimp and Fresh Vegetable Pizza
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 – 28-ounce can of tomato puree
- 1 – 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions for sauce
In a large saucepan, sauté garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until sauce reaches desired thickness.
Ingredients for Pizza
- 1 thin Pizza crust , from local bakery
- 2 cups freshly grated Mozzarella cheese
- 16 ounces of shrimp, cleaned shells removed
- 4 small sweet peppers , sliced
- 1 small red onion , sliced
- 10 grape tomatoes , halved
- 1 large Portobello mushroom , sliced
- 1 cup arugula , or fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, to brush crust
- Kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Pre-Heat oven to 500 degrees
- Brush olive oil on crust very lightly, place in oven for 4-5 minutes, to set crust top. Remove from oven. Place on heat safe area ONLY.
- Reduce oven to 450 degrees
- Add the desired amount of pizza sauce on the top of pizza crust, (remember too much and you will have a soggy crust). Place 1 cup of grated cheese over sauce . Add all vegetable topping, listed and shrimp to pizza (you may also add others, or remove toppings you do not desire.) Add remaining cup of cheese to top.
- Bake at 450 for approximately 10-12 minutes
- Place on Heat safe area to slightly cool.
- Slice and serve while still hot.
Notes This pizza is also wonderful cooked on the grill in the summer. A few things we recommend when doing so is a pre-heated grill on a medium temperature setting , extremely clean grill, lots of olive oil on hand, as pizza loves to stick . (You will want an even temperature on your grill without hot spots). If you have never grilled a pizza there are many online resources and instructions you may read up on.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.