This version of Stuffed Shells definitely one my ALL-time favorites! ARUGULA that lovely Spicy and sometimes Peppery leaf! This recipe takes on a whole NEW Flavor sensation with the combination of Ricotta Cheese, Arugula, and FRESH Basil!
- 1 box jumbo pasta shells
- 32 ounces of Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided by 2
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces fresh arugula, chopped
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups pasta sauce, your recipe or favorite brand
- Prepare shells using package directions for al dente cooking method. Be sure not to overcook the pasta, as your shells need to remain firm.
- While pasta is cooking, in large glass dish add ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, chopped arugula, fresh basil, minced garlic, kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper. Thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- Once pasta is done, drain and rinse pasta in cold water. Drain again and place on a clean dry dishcloth.
- Spray glass oven-safe baking dish with nonstick spray to ease clean up.
- Using a spoon scoop mixture into shells a little at a time, careful not to overfill. Pour 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce into the bottom of a shallow baking dish. Place each shell in baking dish. Cover with remainder of sauce.
- Cover with the remaining sauce and bake covered with aluminum foil for 15 minutes. Remove the foil add remainder of mozzarella cheese and continue baking another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm.