This wonderful Healthy Grilled Chicken Salad with Asian Ginger Dressing is not only healthy and bright — It has a Tropical Vibe guaranteed to bring you out of your Grilled Chicken Rut – It combines Asian Dressing on top of Healthy tender baby spinach, has beautiful color and a delish Tropical flavor with the addition of citrus, mangoes, strawberries, and kiwi.
One of the biggest misconceptions is that healthy has to be colorless, bland, and boring to be good for you. Let’s put a stop to that notion by simply looking at the various ingredients in my Healthy Grilled Chicken Salad with Asian Ginger Dressing, bright red strawberries, beautiful green kiwis, gorgeous mangoes, and show-stopping orange Minneolas make for a rainbow of beautiful vibrant colors with tons of taste.
Healthy Grilled Chicken Salad with Asian Ginger Dressing
- 1 Boneless skinless, previously grilled chicken breast, per person
- 1 recipe for dressing, below
- 1 and 1/2 – 2 cups of baby fresh baby spinach, per person
- 3 slices of Minneolas, halved per person
- 1/2 of kiwi, sliced per person
- 1/8 cup of diced mango, per person
- 1/8 of a cup sliced strawberries, per person
Ingredients for Asian Ginger Dressing
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons pure honey
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Directions for dressing
- In a blender combine all the ingredients — add 2 tablespoons of water . Blend until completely smooth . (Store extra in an air-tight container and refrigerate immediately) – Can be saved up to a week.
- In a bowl large enough to accommodate salad ingredients – add all ingredients except chicken. Toss all ingredients lightly . Place on serving dish . Slice the grilled chicken into long strips – place over top of salad combination.
- Serve with Asian Ginger Dressing on the side.
Notes: If desired you may use salad Asian Ginger Dressing to marinate chicken breast in for 30 minutes to 1 hour to add additional flavor before grilling
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.