My husband loves pizza, and some days I don’t feel like making a scratch pizza. This is great for when I’m in a hurry and don’t want to look like I’m slacking! The great thing is you can add any topping and change it around to your tastes! It’s perfect for the nights the children have after school functions to attend, games practices, or just for a quick dinner anytime!
Quick Homemade Sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
Mix together the tomato paste, water, and olive oil. Mix well.
Add garlic, salt and pepper to taste, oregano, basil, and rosemary.
Mix well and let stand several hours to let flavors blend.
No cooking necessary, just spread on dough.
- 1 loaf French Bread, split in 4
- 1 Roma tomato ,diced
- 5 mini sweet peppers , sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 Italian Sweet Sausage links (fried and sliced)
- spinach leaves
- sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp real butter
- 3 tbsp Romano cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella, OR Swiss , White Vermont Cheddar
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 400 Degrees
While Oven is pre-heating
- Mix butter and Romano cheese together , apply to 4 slices of French Bread.
- Apply a decent layer of Pizza sauce to four slices of French bread.
- Add toppings to French Bread (You may also have some ideas of your own)
- Bake in pre-heated 400 degree oven 12-15 min (time may vary)