This awesome simple to make recipe for Shrimp and Pineapple Personal Pizza with jalapeño hits ALL the mouths keen senses combining a flavor burst of Spicy jalapeño, sweet oh so Juicy FRESH pineapple, and those wonderful succulent shrimp from our own Gulf Coast here in sunny Florida.
The combination of on this delicious Shrimp and Pineapple Personal Pizza with Jalapeno Peppers will surprise all of your taste buds, yet the flavors of the pizza all seem to mingle together in a surprisingly fantastic way. It’s definitely a fun and ecliptic combination of pineapple, shrimp, and jalapenos to add to your pizza ideas to try list.
Shrimp and Pineapple Personal Pizza with Jalapeno
- 6 – “6″ inch Small pizza shells per person
- 1 pound fresh raw large shrimp, deveined and shells removed
- 2 cups homemade pizza sauce recipe below, or your favorite store brand
- 2 cups Asiago cheese
- 1 and 1 / 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1-2 small jalapeño peppers sliced thinly, seeds removed if heat sensitive
- 1 / 4 cup of chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
NOTES: These toppings are not written in stone. You can add or subtract any of the toppings of your choice.
To make Quick Pizza sauce
- 1 (6 ounces) can tomato paste
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
Directions for quick sauce
- In a medium saucepan combine together the tomato paste , purée , water, and olive oil . Add garlic, salt and pepper to taste , oregano, basil, and rosemary .
- Cook on low heat 15-20 minutes.
- Pre-Heat oven to 400
- If using a Pizza shell that has already been cooked by your neighborhood bakery , brush crust with a small amount of olive oil if desired.
- Add the pizza sauce, spread evenly. Careful not to add to much sauce or your pizza will be a bit soggy I have found.
- Add a light layer of cheese , distribute shrimp and pineapple evenly over pizzas, Arrange the jalapeño peppers around the pizza . Add salt and pepper if desired .
- Top with cheese and cilantro .
- Place on Pizza stone or pan . Bake in a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for 8-12 minutes depending on the crispness of pizza shell you desire.
- Place on a heatproof area and let cool 6-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.