Homemade Italian Style Personal Pizza with Asiago Cheese is so simple and easy to make for any meal such as lunch or dinner. It combines a super fast homemade pizza sauce with any favorite Pizza shell of your choice, fresh delicious toppings such as Asiago cheese, garden fresh plum tomatoes, fresh spinach leaves, ripe black olives, and sweet onions.
Our household has always been pretty diverse in how we like our Homemade Pizza; my husband is more of a meat and heavy cheese lover, my son, however, has been always the average meat and a few choice veggies, myself, I am more for lots veggies, lots of colors, and a variety of scrumptious toppings the more the better in my book.
I found a long time ago, it was just easier to make, or even buy smaller pizza shells from my favorite local Bakery. If you are in a hurry there are plenty of decent ones you can purchase from the local neighborhood bakery or even your favorite marketplace.
I also noted they were super fast to make for our lunches, snacks for the kids when they had friends over, or my husband to nibble on when hungry. The great thing is you can customize the pizza to reflect your family’s tastes. You can also make several pizzas with all different toppings and make it a bit of a Smörgåsbord for some family dinner variety!
Last night, Kory and I, choose our favorite Italian Style Personal Pizza to share with you today. Kory is my favorite 23-year-old Marine son. He is currently in Germany, and missing home my cooked meals. We were having such a great time last night on the phone, we talked about the recipes we love the most. This was one of them, I guess it’s my way of sharing dinner with my baby since he can’t be home with us tonight. I hope you don’t mind, I know tonight he will be reading this–so I have a short message.
“I LOVE you son, you make me a very proud Mom! I miss you, and can’t wait to see you…”
Homemade Italian Style Personal Pizza with Asiago Cheese
- 6 – “6” inch Small pizza shells per person
- 2 cups homemade pizza sauce recipe below, or your favorite store brand
- 2 cups Asiago cheese
- 2 Roma or plum tomatoes diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 / 2 cup black olives halved
- 1 / 4 cup chopped fresh basil
- olive oil, to brush on crust
- kosher salt
- fresh group pepper
NOTES: These toppings are not written in stone. You can add or subtract any of the toppings of your choice. Feel free to add bacon, sausage, pepperoni, and any other veggies with it!
To make Quick Pizza sauce
- 1 (6 ounces) can tomato paste
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
Directions for quick sauce
- In a medium saucepan combine together the tomato paste, purée, water, and olive oil . Add garlic, salt and pepper to taste, oregano, basil, and rosemary.
- Cook on low heat 15-20 minutes.
- Pre-Heat oven to 400
- If using a Pizza shell that has already been cooked by your neighborhood bakery, brush crust with a small amount of olive oil if desired.
- Add pizza sauce, spread evenly. Careful not to add to much sauce or your pizza will be a bit soggy I have found.
- Add a light layer of Asiago cheese, continue with toppings such as tomatoes, spinach leaves, olives, and onions. If desired, add a bit of kosher salt and pepper. Top with Asiago cheese.
- Place on Pizza stone or pan. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for 8-12 minutes, depending on the crispness of pizza shell you desire.
- Place in a heatproof area and let cool 6-10 minutes before slicing and serving.