This Italian Chicken Salad in Tomato Cups on a Bed of Baby Greens is super simple and delightful tasting. All you need are field greens,tomatoes, chicken, mayo, basil, Italian flat leaf parsley, muscats or white raisins,salt and pepper and a food processor. How easy is that? This is a perfect lunch item or place in cherry tomatoes and you have a wonderful appetizer.
Italian Chicken Salad in Tomato Cups on a Bed of Baby Greens
- 1- 4 to 5-pound pre-roasted chicken, cut in cubes
- 6 to 8 vine-ripened tomatoes or several cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 of a cup real mayonnaise, more if desired
- 1/3 cup white raisins
- 1 to 1/2 cup per serving baby greens, or spring greens
- 8 large basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Slice the very tops off of tomatoes.
- Using either a melon scoop or spoon , remove all seeds and pulp from tomatoes, salt lightly if desired and place open end down on the dish to remove excess moister. Rest tomatoes for about 15 minutes or so.
- While your tomatoes are draining excess moister either cube roasting chicken you have made or a deli-bought on. Place chicken, basil, parsley, lemon juice, mayo, and salt and pepper in food processor. Pulse food processor till you almost have desired chop and all mayo mixed. Once done add raisins and mix in.
- Place 1/2 cup to 1 cup of baby greens on the plate, fill tomatoes with chicken salad and serve.