This Italian Chicken Salad in Tomato Cups on a Bed of Baby Greens is a super delightful and straightforward tasting.
All you need are field greens, tomatoes, chicken, mayo, basil, Italian flat-leaf parsley, muscats or white raisins, salt and pepper, and a food processor. How easy is that? This is a perfect lunch item or place in cherry tomatoes, and you have an excellent appetizer.
Ingredients needed Italian Chicken Salad in Tomato Cups
- One- 5-pound pre-roasted chicken, cut into cubes
- Eight vine-ripened tomatoes or several cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 of a cup real mayonnaise, more if desired
- 1/3 cup white raisins
- One to 1/2 cup per serving baby greens, or spring greens
- Eight large basil leaves
- Three tablespoons fresh Italian parsley leaves
- One teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Italian Chicken Salad in Tomato Cups
- 1- 5- pound pre-roasted chicken cut in cubes
- 8 vine-ripened tomatoes or several cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise more if desired
- ⅓ cup white raisins
- 4 cups baby greens or spring greens
- 8 basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Slice the very tops off of tomatoes.
- Using either a melon scoop or spoon , remove all seeds and pulp from tomatoes, salt lightly if desired and place open end down on the dish to remove excess moister. Rest tomatoes for about 15 minutes or so.
- While your tomatoes are draining excess moister either cube roasting chicken you have made or a deli-bought on. Place chicken, basil, parsley, lemon juice, mayo, and salt and pepper in food processor. Pulse food processor till you almost have desired chop and all mayo mixed. Once done add raisins and mix in.
- Place ½cup to 1 cup of baby greens on the plate, fill tomatoes with chicken salad and serve.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2020-2013 unauthorized use and/or duplication of content/ material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with proper and specific direction to the original content.