This is a great recipe for ANY Lunch or light Dinner, Salmon with a sweet and savory fresh salsa that looks as good as it tastes! How can you go wrong on a BEAUTIFUL day in Sunny Florida? Each ingredient plays off of each other to bring a HAPPY smile to your face!
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skin-on
- 4 cups spring mix lettuce
- 2 cups cilantro infused rice, recipe below
- 1 recipe Fruit Salsa, recipe below
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Adobo (Spanish seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions for salmon
Preheat a metal skillet on medium heat. Brush both sides of the salmon with the olive oil. Season the salmon on both sides with Adobo,kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Place the fish in heated skillet, skin side down and cook for about 3 minutes then turn the fish 45 degrees and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Turn the fish over and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until cooked through.Remove the fish from the grill and serve with the fruit salsa spooned over the fish. Serve immediately.
Ingredients needed for Cilantro infused rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- salt to taste
Bring the salted water to a boil; stir the olive oil and rice into the water. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Stir the lime zest, lime juice, and cilantro into the cooked rice just before serving.
Ingredients for Salsa
- 1//2 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/2 cup mango, diced
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
In a medium non-reactive bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir to blend. Cover with plastic wrap and allow the salsa to sit for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
Assembly of recipe
Place spring greens down on serving dish, follow with cilantro infused rice, place salmon on top of rice, spoon fruit salsa over.