Stuffed Poblano Peppers NEVER tasted so easy and good! These AMAZING Peppers are stuffed full of a glorious concoction of Saffron Rice with a variety of vegetables to make this a wonderfully flavorful and enticing meal! The BONUS is the tasty Grilled Lime Shrimp!
Ingredients for Saffron Rice
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 and 1/2 cups rice
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/4 cups of fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 saffron strands, crushed & dissolved in a small amount of hot water
- 16 green olives, sliced in half (optional)
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté onions and peppers until translucent. Stir in rice and salt and sauté briefly, until the rice begins to brown slightly. Add chicken broth, all other ingredients, and saffron water, and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cook, covered, for about 20 to 35 minutes.
Grilled Lime Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound shelled deveined uncooked shrimp
- Mix together all ingredients except shrimp in a bowl. Next, add shrimp; toss to coat. Let stand for 20 minutes to marinate. Place shrimp on preheated grill over medium heat.Cook 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once and brushing with marinade occasionally.
- clean 6 poblano peppers of the seeds and halve them.
- On a preheated grill, roast your poblanos for about 4-6 minutes or until the pepper begins to slightly char, careful NOT to overcook.
- Place rice mixture into each pepper, careful not to tear pepper. Place 2 halves on the plate. Top with 2 shrimp each. Serve if desired with avocado and lime wedges.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2018- 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.