Linguine & Shrimp with a light Basil-Lemon Pesto is a light and lemony variation of traditional pesto and pasta. I love this version containing fresh herbs from the garden with a fresh lemony taste of our Florida lemons right off the tree, Pecorino Romano cheese and toasted pine nuts over a nest of delicious al dente pasta with fresh decadent Key West Pink shrimp.
Key West Pink Shrimp are my favorite choice of seafood to pair with this…They’re flamingo pink and rich in texture as well as flavor very similar taste to lobster… Have you ever tasted our delicious Key West Pinks? Man oh man if you haven’t please so- Go now as a matter of fact.
Below you will find my super easy recipe to make your own Linguine & Shrimp with a light Basil-Lemon Pesto for your family and friends…
Ingredients for Light Lemon-Pesto:
- 1 and 1/2 cups of loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup of grated Pecorino Romano
- 3 and 1/2 tablespoons of toasted pine nuts, or ground walnuts
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground pepper
- Kosher salt
- Steamed or grilled Key west Pink Shrimp- at least 3 per person, or serving
- Linguine or favorite pasta
- lemon slices, for garnish
- In a food processor combine the fresh basil, olive oil, minced garlic, Pecorino Romano, pine nuts, lemon juice, lemon zest, a pinch of pepper flakes, and kosher salt and ground pepper. Pulse until ground to a fine paste- about 1 minute. With the machine running slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the desired consistency is reached. Season with salt and pepper. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- Cook Linguine noodles or favorite pasta per package instructions till Al dente. Drain noodles (rinse if desired)
- Toss the pasta in Pesto Sauce while warm.Garnish with more cheese, 3 shrimp and slice of fresh lemon.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.