You’ll love that the Black Bean Avocado salsa with Corn and Pineapple recipe can be used as a salsa with chips or condiment for tortilla chips, rice, tacos, fish, and or chicken dishes. This wonderful Black Bean Avocado salsa with Corn and Pineapple combines black beans, avocados, corn, tomato, onion, pepper, lime and fresh chopped cilantro this salsa has the perfect texture and presentation.
The ingredients are easily found at your local grocery store or Farmers Market. Black Bean Avocado Salsa with Corn and Pineapple really tastes best if you can use fresh ingredients for the corn and pineapple — however, if you can not easily access fresh ingredients or prefer you can use frozen corn and canned pineapple as convenience items.
Black Bean Avocado Salsa with Corn and Pineapple
- 1 Florida firm, but ripe Avocado or 2 Hass, pitted and diced
- 1 cup fresh corn removed from cob about 2 ears
- 1 cup cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh small pineapple chunks, or canned
- 1/2 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow pepper
- 1/8 of a cup minced Vidalia Onions
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 3-4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
Note: If you are using canned black beans, be sure to drain, and rinse, and drain again. If using frozen corn versus fresh, naturally defrost in a container on the counter.
- Add an entire list of ingredients together in a glass dish.
- Gently mix all ingredients, add Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, along with 1/8 teaspoon of cumin.
- Mix gently, but thoroughly again.
- Place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms, please use share buttons provided.