Loaded Potato Salad a winning medley of family all-time favorites for this summer combining sliced red potatoes, Greek yogurt, real mayo, crisp bacon, freshly shredded cheddar, sliced green onions and more in one place to wake up your taste buds and put a spin on your average potato salad you’ll make this warm weather season.
If you are looking for something special for your next picnic or potluck, you have found it with this salad. It’s simple and easy to make for any occasion, goes well with Burgers, steak, BBQ chicken and so much more.
Ingredients needed for Loaded Potato Salad
Two pounds red potatoes, whole
3/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup Real mayo
1/2 cup of freshly shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese divided x 2
1/4 cup red onion, minced
Ten strips bacon, chopped
Eight green onions, sliced
Kosher salt, to your own taste
Fresh cracked black pepper to your own taste
Loaded Potato Salad
- 2 pounds red potatoes whole
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Real mayo
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese divided x 2
- 1/4 cup Red onion minced
- 10 Strips of bacon chopped
- 8 Green onions sliced
- Kosher salt to your own taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper to your own taste
- Place whole red potatoes in a steamer. Cover and cook on high heat, allow to steam for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are forktender.
- Drain the potatoes and let cool completely. Cut potatoes into desired size one they have cooled.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon till crisp, set aside on pepper towels to cool, and remove excess oils. Once cool chop bacon into small pieces and reserve.
- In a large glass dish combine potatoes, Greek yogurt, Real mayo,1/2 of shredded cheddar cheese, red onion, and 1/2 of the bacon gently.
- Let the salad chill in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to marry.
- Top with other 1/2 of bacon, cheese, and you may also add extra green onions to garnish.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2018-2013 unauthorized use and/or duplication of content/ material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with proper and specific direction to the original content.