Need a delicious spice to add a bit of a flavor kick to your ribs, chicken, and other favorite meats? Well, this DIY for Memphis Dry Rubis GUARANTEED to help add a ton of flavor to your meats. Memphis Dry Rub is a perfect blend for Summer BBQ’s and all around grilling. Add as little or as much as you fancy to spice up your family BBQ!
Have you ever stopped to think of how much you may you pay for specialty blended grilling spices? I sure have, about a year ago I was on a mission to seriously save a few pennies here and there. I stopped to think of what Household items or even Grocery items I might be able to rally to save money on.
My fancy spice rack caught my eye; I had blended spices up the yin-yang. Which means a ton of money was being wasted on something I could easily make in large or small quantities. SO I decided to sit down and a start saving money. This was one of the first spices I stopped spending $5-6 bucks a small bottle on.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Makes 2 cups
Memphis Dry Rub
- 1/2 of a cup Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 of a cup garlic powder
- 1/4 of a cup mild chili powder
- 3 of tablespoons salt
- 3 of tablespoons black pepper
- 2 of tablespoons onion powder
- 2 of tablespoons celery seeds
- 1 of tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 of tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 of tablespoon dried thyme
- 3 of teaspoons cumin
- 2 of teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 of teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 of teaspoons ground allspice
- Mix together all the above ingredients together until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container.
- May be stored for up to 6-8 months in the freezer- 3-4 months in dry cool place.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.